We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

new visa rules

Tamworth, United...
Level Contributor
110 posts
32 reviews
Save Topic
new visa rules

im not sure if any 1 has posted anything on the new visa rules that come inforce as from the 1st jan 2010 , its states once u have left india u cannot return for 2 months telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/asia/india/68…

Tamworth, United...
Level Contributor
110 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: new visa rules

this is also a better explanation

www.goaholidayhomes.com/newspaper-in-goa.php…

Holland
Level Contributor
3,056 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: new visa rules

The whole situation is in flux at the moment and implimentation differs from place to place. The latest from the GOI is that multiple entries will be allowed within the 2 month period IF you can provide proof of onward travel from India.

Again it remains to be seen how this will be implemented on the ground.

Calangute, India
Destination Expert
for Goa, Candolim, Calangute
Level Contributor
2,346 posts
109 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: new visa rules

hi

latest is back to sqare one really;if you have a travel itenary you are allowed in ie this is where i am staying this is when i am going ,friends just came back in who left before xmas

England
Level Contributor
21 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: new visa rules

I was in India in November & December and departed 21 Dec 09. I had a multiple entry tourist visa and booked a return flight direct from London to Dabolim, Goa in January 2010 in advance of the new visa rules being published. I called the embassy in London and was told categorically I would need special permission from the embassy to return within a 2 month period, and would only be granted permission if there was an emergency I had to attend to.

Luckily I have friends in Goa and knew one of them (Norweigan) had had no problems whatsoever re-entering just 4 weeks after they had previously been there.

I decided to take a chance and board my flight, didn't apply for special permission and waltzed through immigration with no problem.

I know how worried I was about the conflicting advice being offered and wanted to share my experience with you. I do know an English couple who own an apartment in Goa, followed the advice of the embassy and were refused entry for 2 months. Had they just got on the flight, they would have got in, as they could show airline tickets with their date of return.

I want to reiterate, I have a 6 month tourist visa issued in September 2009. I do not know how the rules impact visas issued from January 2010. Good luck!

Devon
Level Contributor
1 post
12 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: new visa rules

Thanks for that- I wish I had the bottle - poor english couple - maybe its because they said they had an apartment?

London, United...
Destination Expert
for Goa
Level Contributor
5,928 posts
119 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: new visa rules

I am glad you got in with no probs lost_outhtere but postings indicate that they are now implementing the new regulations and refusing entry, maybe its just pot luck but I dont know if its worth taking a chance.

7. Re: new visa rules

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 05 August 2010, 12:46