We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

My trip report 8-22 Dec

shipley,west...
Level Contributor
1,037 posts
107 reviews
Save Topic
My trip report 8-22 Dec

Well just found time to sit down and do my report hope i dont go on too much so much to say but try and keep it interesting as possible.Arrived at Manchester and had an hours delay when we sat down the pilot said we have 9 hours to arrive or we cant land so ill put my foot down which he did and as promised we landed on time.We were sat at the back and were first off and straight through passport control got our baggage and straight in a taxi.Arriving at the Marinha Dourada was like coming home a lovley warm welcome,the heat at 9am felt great went for breakfast and then to bed for a few hours.Our first night out was just want i wanted,went to Barracuda bar for a drink and met a nice couple so had a drink with them then went to All Spice had a nice meal and then met another couple from last year so had a few more drinks with them,then went to Liquid to see all the staff and had a few more drinks,needless to say i was a "bit" worse for ware and paid for it the next day!The Sunday after we went to Jambalaya to meet up with the TA members that we actually met up with in the airport,it was a brilliant night with Bluesmania singing and good company,olga1,thornhillass and yorkieborn all their OHs and mine a good laugh and yorkieborn did his party piece when his chair collapsed on him! The beaches we went to were lovley Mandrem and a boat to Aswem nice days out and worth doing.We met our taxi driver from last year and saw him every day Nelson was a star and we bought him a drink every night he enjoys a bit of banter in the bar with us,we took him out to All Spice on our last day and he loved it.Makies was a great night with a great atmosphere good stalls,music,food and bar with people dancing very enjoyable evening.We met up again with TA members we were looking for a kareoke bar olga1 was going to but never found it so sat in a bar in Candolim,another good night and to top the night off some cows invaded the bar and ate all the serviettes,very funny.Our favourite shack Silver Sands was just being erected and not up and running till 24th so never got to go but went see the lads working hard to get up and running.Not all the shacks were up but still managed to supply beds and drinks.The weather was hot hot hot and some days we never had any sun as we would have burnt to a crisp.The Marinha Dourada was as lovley as ever with brill staff and clean rooms and well tended gardens cant fault anything.The beaches,bars, restaurants were as expected,all good food,good company and smiling faces as usual all staff just lovley and love to talk and have a laugh.Well i could say more but dont want to bore so all in all a great hol and cant fault anything went to lots of diifferent restaurants and never had a bad meal.Now the bad bit coming home,a bit of a delay and an 11 half hour flight then stuck in snow in Manchester,i was so cold when i got off the plane i still havnt warmed up and got a bad cold just before leaving,its so good to be back(not).Anyway thats it going to watch the video tonight while i have a Honey Bee,just put the heating up and pretend to be back :(

Mentioned in this post
Mandrem
Mandrem
North Goa District, India
Candolim
Candolim
Bardez, India
Silver Sands Beach Resort
Silver Sands Beach Resort
475 Reviews
Colva, India
Ourem 88
₹₹ - ₹₹₹, European, British
Spice Traders
₹₹₹₹, Chinese, Japanese, Seafood
Sea Breeze
₹₹ - ₹₹₹, Indian, Seafood, Asian
London, United...
Destination Expert
for Goa
Level Contributor
5,846 posts
113 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: My trip report 8-22 Dec

Great report Julie! sounds like you a brilliant time and you have certainly not missed anything here! I am more excited than ever after reading your report!

Leigh-on Sea...
Level Contributor
850 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: My trip report 8-22 Dec

what an enjoyable report Julie, very postive and i laughed about the cows coming into the bar and eating the serviettes, pmsl !! glad you had a lovely holiday but don't envy you arriving back to all the snow

luton bedfordshire
Level Contributor
275 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: My trip report 8-22 Dec

Glad your hols where enjoyable im on the count down now oooooooooooooooo carnt wait

leeds uk
Level Contributor
954 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: My trip report 8-22 Dec

Thanks for sharing that with us Julie,

Hope you had a good christmas, love the cows bit. just so Goa.

13 sleeps for me :-)

have a good 2010

ian.........

The Stunning...
Destination Expert
for Scottish Highlands, Crete
Level Contributor
25,533 posts
373 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: My trip report 8-22 Dec

great read :-)

United Kingdom
Destination Expert
for Goa
Level Contributor
7,833 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: My trip report 8-22 Dec

Fantastic report Julie :) Sounds like you had a great time and many thanks for sharing :)

rhyl
Level Contributor
310 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: My trip report 8-22 Dec

Great report Julie staying at the Marinha Dourada in 4 weeks time nice to know its good as ever. Hope your over your cold and hope you've had a nice christmas Dale.

whiston liverpool
Level Contributor
42 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: My trip report 8-22 Dec

Great report, on the countdown now 7 sleeps then 3 weeks there, i think the cows are so funny wandering round at 3am last time we was there how strange apssing a cow on the way in of a night roll on 4th Jan

n.ireland
Level Contributor
51 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: My trip report 8-22 Dec

hi ..my husband and i are about to book to go to goa 10th april,we have never been before and do not know which part to go to ..we have heard baga would be the livliest..we are both in our 40's but love to party..what do you think ..ta so much lillian

Mentioned in this post
Goa
Goa
India
whiston liverpool
Level Contributor
42 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: My trip report 8-22 Dec

I havent been any later than Feb but the Goan people told us from March it goes really humid and clammy