We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Weather info for Manchester departures

manchester
Destination Expert
for Baga, Arpora
Level Contributor
5,642 posts
29 reviews
Save Topic
Weather info for Manchester departures

Some information for those lucky people flying out to Goa in the next few days. The forecast is looking to be cold but no snow expected, Christmas Day cold and sunny, Boxing Day a little milder and possible showers. Good news then for all travellers departing from Manchester, no delays due to bad weather expected, have a great time.

Mentioned in this post
Goa
Goa
India
United Kingdom
Destination Expert
for Goa
Level Contributor
7,833 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Weather info for Manchester departures

Thankyou bindoobaba for the update, I'm sure many people travelling out this weekend from Manchester will appreciate that.

So, to all those who are off at the weekend, have a wonderful holiday, safe trip and hope you all get away on time with no problems.

derbyshire
Level Contributor
267 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Weather info for Manchester departures

Thanks for the information Bindoobaba it is much appreciated - it 's nice to know that it doesn't look like we're gonna be on the airport all night.

Meerkat thanks for your good wishes.

Stockport, United...
Level Contributor
1,435 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Weather info for Manchester departures

Would just like to add to bindoobabas post, lots of the side roads are still covered in snow and ice....maybe anyone travelling to Manchester airport by road should allow extra time to get there...

Hope you all have a "Happy Holiday"..

Susie.x

Leeds
Destination Expert
for Goa
Level Contributor
11,939 posts
83 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Weather info for Manchester departures

Thanks for the update bindoobaba. The BBC weather forecast also shows the weather will get warmer by Saturday so hopefully the snow on the pennines will have melted and fingers crossed me and Megan will spend the first night of our holiday in Goa and not Manchester Airport!

Thanks Meerkat and Susie. Hopefully the roads won't be too busy with it being Sunday but we'll allow plenty of time. You never know what the M62 will be like.

Edited: 24 December 2009, 03:29
Mentioned in this post
Goa
Goa
India
Oldham
Level Contributor
482 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Weather info for Manchester departures

Snowing pretty hard here in Oldham again, hopefully not for much longer, allow extra time and take care on the motorways. Could be ok in Manchester as we are a bit higher up, could do with an update from someone down the hill.

derbyshire
Level Contributor
267 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Weather info for Manchester departures

It's stopped snowing here now in derby but we've had a good 1 1/2" and the side road is frozen over - not good.

We got a good deal on an overnight stay at a hotel on Manchester airport with the parking chucked in so we're travelling up on Saturday for our flight on Sunday. Glad we decided on that option now as we won't have to rush.

manchester
Destination Expert
for Baga, Arpora
Level Contributor
5,642 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Weather info for Manchester departures

So much for forecasts! it's snowing heavily here in Manchester again, excuse me while I get my foot out of my mouth, damn weather forecasters. Will try and get an update from the Airport tomorrow as regards possible delays.

Almeria and...
Level Contributor
216 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Weather info for Manchester departures

Snowing hard here on the Bury/Bolton border, Liverpool airport shut, we waited 2 hours for our luggage on yesterday after we got back to Manchester.

Edited: 24 December 2009, 04:20
Leeds
Destination Expert
for Goa
Level Contributor
11,939 posts
83 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Weather info for Manchester departures

Snowing again in Leeds too and think it's forecast for most of the night :-(

Think that is meant to be the end of it for this week though - providing the weather forecast is correct.

10. Re: Weather info for Manchester departures

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 22 June 2010, 10:46