We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

daytripper hampi hotel.

Plymouth, United...
Destination Expert
for Tigaki
Level Contributor
5,853 posts
38 reviews
daytripper hampi hotel.

has anyone been to Hampi, using the standard hotel deal ?

If so, what is like ? acceptable or not ! !

Also is there a guide with you all the time ?

Cheers BOB.

United Kingdom
Destination Expert
for Goa
Level Contributor
7,835 posts
1 review
1. Re: daytripper hampi hotel.

What's the name of the hotel Bob? I've seen it before on the net but can't remember the name of the hotel.

Felixstowe, United...
Level Contributor
3,688 posts
8 reviews
2. Re: daytripper hampi hotel.

Hello Bob, i have been twice with Daytripper to Hampi, the hotel was ok for us JUST!!!, we had a good evening meal , in the restaurant but i think this is because the standard rooms were attached to the posher part of the hotel.Like me you have been to india a fare few times so know the score a bit,but it is VERY basic.I know you know the C S M in Baga, well C S M is very posh put beside the Hampi hotel. If you were new to India i would not recomend it,but it is cleanand it does for a couple of nights, and it is a wonderful trip.I would not pay to upgrade myself, its part of the experience

Felixstowe, United...
Level Contributor
3,688 posts
8 reviews
3. Re: daytripper hampi hotel.

I forgot to say there is a guide with you through out the day going from one place to another on the bus, the guide has been jolly good, your evenings are free , we all met up in the restaurant and had a good time in the evening i enjoyed it.

Plymouth, United...
Destination Expert
for Tigaki
Level Contributor
5,853 posts
38 reviews
4. Re: daytripper hampi hotel.

Hi Meercat. unfortunatly they don't give the name of the hotel.

Vurda, thanks for that information, rather as i expected really. like you, i probably wouldn't upgrade.

BOB.

United Kingdom
Destination Expert
for Goa
Level Contributor
7,835 posts
1 review
5. Re: daytripper hampi hotel.

Hi again Bob, it must have been on HT I saw the name of the hotel then. This would have been a couple of years ago cos we were looking at doing Hampi at the time. Have to say, the hotel didn't look too great!

United Kingdom
Level Contributor
9,930 posts
121 reviews
6. Re: daytripper hampi hotel.

Bob

why not try emailing Eddie at Daytrippers to ask what the name of the hotel is?

Just remembered....

we called into Daytrippers when we were there in November to book the Hampi trip and Eddie told us he wasn't doing it as the agent had let him down over rooms/train tickets and he wasn't prepared to risk his reputation unless he was 100% sure the trip would run smoothly.

He did say he hoped to have it on again soon, so you may be lucky.

We've been to Hampi 3 times and although we've booked with different companies (Jewel in the Crown, Cosmos and John's Boat Tours) we have ended up going with Melo Tours.

Everyone joins up at Margao Station, after being collected from your various hotels.

The hotel they used all 3 times is the Hotel Priyadarshani (Priyadarshini), Station Road, Hospet.

I don't know if Daytrippers use the same hotel.

It's more than 3 years since we last went on the trip.

We've found it to be OK with clean rooms - but there are lots of mozzies about.

As they serve alcohol (I believe a lot of the hotels in Hospet don't), the restaurant gets very busy in the evening with locals. Consequently, the service can be very slow.

We really enjoyed the trip, the train journey is good fun.

One of the stops is at Hubli, there's a good 20 minute stop. Usually there's some little carts that do fresh omelettes which are delicious. They wrap them in newspaper.

They also hose down & empty the toilets at Hubli so just after you set off again is a good time to pop to the loo (not so smelly).

It IS a long tiring trip, up before dawn on all 3 days.

On the occasions we've been we had the same guide, he was actually one of the archeologists working on the site (which is vast) for a number of years. He was very knowledgable, interesting and entertaining.

Regards

Polly

United Kingdom
Destination Expert
for Goa
Level Contributor
7,835 posts
1 review
7. Re: daytripper hampi hotel.

Bob, this was the hotel I was thinking of:

tripadvisor.co.uk/Hotel_Review-g966755-d4830…

Only just scanned the reviews quickly.

They also have a website which makes it look really nice!

United Kingdom
Destination Expert
for Goa
Level Contributor
7,835 posts
1 review
8. Re: daytripper hampi hotel.

This may be of interest to you too Bob:

http://www.hampi.in/amaravati-express.htm

Plymouth, United...
Destination Expert
for Tigaki
Level Contributor
5,853 posts
38 reviews
9. Re: daytripper hampi hotel.

thanks for all that Prettypollycat an Meercat, (lotta cats around today) .

I'll have a look a all that later, as, unfortunatly, lots of people want a bus. and its my turn to do it. i-ho-i-ho its off to work i go !!!!

BOB.

Felixstowe, United...
Level Contributor
3,688 posts
8 reviews
10. Re: daytripper hampi hotel.

i have had a look Bob and as sure as eggs is eggs the hotel (or part of)is not were we stayed, they could be talking about the posh part though, there was a pool ect and they did serve drink, but the descriptions are not of the annex we stayed in.I seem to remember that this hotel was picked as it served food that was of a good standard for our poor western bellys.The restaurant is in the posh bit!!