We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Goa - Feb 2010

london
Level Contributor
29 posts
2 reviews
Goa - Feb 2010

Hi All

Heading to Goa in Feb 2010 we are not sure which area(s) to stay we want some nightlife - where is best

Thanks!

North Wales, United...
Level Contributor
51 posts
6 reviews
1. Re: Goa - Feb 2010

Rebecca you will prob get a lot of replies to this but our recommendation is simple really...Calangute/Candolim/Baga are all along the same coastal stretch and anywhere along that route you will never be far away from night life.

Night life in Goa however is not akin to jet set holiday destinations and most activity is bar orientated..wherever you end up you will only be a short taxi ride/stroll away from the markets/restaurants/bars etc

Have a look at previous posts from Bluesmania as to where he`s playing and you`ll get a general idea where the bars etc are located...free publicity for you there Blues !!

london
Level Contributor
130 posts
1 review
2. Re: Goa - Feb 2010

Baga.Calangute are your best bets for a lively night out. Baga has some clubs that are supposed to be OK. The rave scene ended a few years ago but there is the odd one around ta that time of year. Ask backpackers as they will know when and wher.e They are not advertised except for 'Sunburn Festival' as the Police crack down on them. If its bars and good food Candolim is good. Oh and down south, Palolem has a lively scene but personally I hated it.

Edited: 02 December 2009, 16:51
london
Level Contributor
29 posts
2 reviews
3. Re: Goa - Feb 2010

thanks guys!

I have heard the rave days are over.. we are just after some bars clubs with some dancing and hopefully fairly busy - will we find that? Cant stand dead bars/clubs - also hoping there are some beach bars you can just chill out at?

Tamworth, United...
Level Contributor
114 posts
33 reviews
4. Re: Goa - Feb 2010

I prefer candolim its not 2 noisy and not 2 quiet the beaches are nice and clean and the shacks on the beach are plentiful (when they get them up eventually )

hope that helps

shane

London, United...
Destination Expert
for Goa
Level Contributor
5,963 posts
119 reviews
5. Re: Goa - Feb 2010

I think Baga would be best for you Rebecca for nightlife.

6. Re: Goa - Feb 2010

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 02 June 2010, 09:47