We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Help ! Whispering palms or Highland beach

Almeria and...
Level Contributor
216 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Help ! Whispering palms or Highland beach

Help ! Whispering palms or Highland beach, which would you choose and why !

Best location and nicest hotel, not bothered about the board basis as the prices are similiar and we will eat out anyway, location and service etc Thanks !

Mentioned in this post
Highland Beach Resort
Highland Beach Resort
598 Reviews
Candolim, India
Private Full-Day All-Inclusive Tour...
10 Reviews
from US$ 60.00*
Temples of Goa, led by Archaeologist
from US$ 150.00*
Free Cancellation
Goole, United...
Level Contributor
432 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Help ! Whispering palms or Highland beach

Can't comment on the Highland Beach,but we have stopped at the Whispering Palms twice & are heading back there again in 40 days.

It's in a good central location 2 mins from the beach.

Personally we always upgrade on rooms because they are a slightly higher standard & away from the pool area which also doubles up as the nightly entertainment area.

Rooms are cleaned daily with fresh linen & towels.They have aircon & a fan.

Food is great in the buffet,but even better in the a la carte.

Staff are good & friendly willing to help.

There are good restaurants & bars within a short walk i.e. Victors Mermaid etc

Any other questions feel free to ask

Mentioned in this post
Highland Beach Resort
Highland Beach Resort
598 Reviews
Candolim, India
Whispering Palms Beach Resort
Whispering Palms Beach...
2,110 Reviews
Candolim, India
herts
Level Contributor
73 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Help ! Whispering palms or Highland beach

i have stayed at whipering palms 3 times. staff are famtastic, and the pool has full sun every day if you don't fancy moving. I tend to go to the beach as it is a short walk. I would recommend it, have not stayed at highland beach

Almeria and...
Level Contributor
216 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Help ! Whispering palms or Highland beach

Thanks, its 400 pound difference but one is AI so I imagine its worth it for the drinks even if you don't eat at the hotel, is the food ok at W Palms ? is there a kettle, hair drier and iron available save me carrying them. And can you tell me how much it costs to upgrade the room on arrival, I am looking forward to going, had to cancel last time we booked so fingers crossed we can go next week, if not we will go at the beginning of january. Also my son wants a copy rolex watch, can I buy one in Goa, thanks for the help, any other tips gratefully recieved !

Mentioned in this post
Goa
Goa
India
Manchester, UK
Level Contributor
3,995 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Help ! Whispering palms or Highland beach

If you are saying B&B at the Highland is £400 cheaper than AI at the Whispering Palms, I would take the B&B every time.

Mentioned in this post
Highland Beach Resort
Highland Beach Resort
598 Reviews
Candolim, India
Whispering Palms Beach Resort
Whispering Palms Beach...
2,110 Reviews
Candolim, India
Goole, United...
Level Contributor
432 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Help ! Whispering palms or Highland beach

Food & WP is very good.Huge variety in the buffet & a la carte.

Kettle in all but basic rooms.

Hairdryer, Yes

Iron,No

Not sure about upgrade prices but here's the link to WP

http://www.whisperingpalms.com/

You could always e-mail & check.Jacob John the manager is usually quick in his reply.

As for the £400 price difference I imagine its a personal choice.

As I posted earlier this season will be our third time at the WP.Even though it is AI we still eat out,but for us it suits to leave the wallet alone for a few days now & again.

Almeria and...
Level Contributor
216 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Help ! Whispering palms or Highland beach

Thanks for the link, really the 400 is 200 as its each person but still 400 I guess.

Nobody must have stayed at highland Lol !

The other thing is, they are working outside the highland according to a web site I read, Thanks all

Felixstowe, United...
Level Contributor
3,684 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Help ! Whispering palms or Highland beach

Hello, i have stayed at the Highland and was quite happy, have not stayed at the Wispering Palms as do not like the location regarding the beach, it is really near the wreck of the" Ship" it ruins your view, the beach also shelves here, not a good place to swim in the sea.In my opinion the Highland has a much better location.

Mentioned in this post
Highland Beach Resort
Highland Beach Resort
598 Reviews
Candolim, India
Manchester, UK
Level Contributor
3,995 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Help ! Whispering palms or Highland beach

I have stayed at the Highland but not the WP, although Vurda is right, if you had a sea view at the WP you would be looking at the River Princess.

£100 per person per week is a lot of food and drink elsewhere in Candolim but only you can decide if it's worth it.

Mentioned in this post
Highland Beach Resort
Highland Beach Resort
598 Reviews
Candolim, India
The River Palace
The River Palace
69 Reviews
Siolim, India
Candolim
Candolim
Bardez, India
Rotherham
Level Contributor
280 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Help ! Whispering palms or Highland beach

Hi went to the HB last Xmas. It was an excellent hotel. Very near to everything. The room we had was new and was huge, two bedrooms both ensuite, living room and 3 balconies!!! We stayed on B&B basis but chose to eat out as its so cheap. Its about a 10 to 15 min walk to the beach depending on how fast you walk and a 5 to 10 to the bars etc. Not stayed at WP so can't comment.

Leeds
Destination Expert
for Goa
Level Contributor
11,942 posts
83 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Help ! Whispering palms or Highland beach

Not stayed at either but know where they are. The WP is closer to the beach and I would imagine slightly quieter as it's set further back from the main road. The HB is more central IMHO for nightlife and restaurants. For the £200 per person difference I'd be inclined to go for the Highland as £200 will more or less cover your food and drink for a fortnight unless you go mad and you did say you would eat out anyway.

Mentioned in this post
Highland Beach Resort
Highland Beach Resort
598 Reviews
Candolim, India