We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Swine Flu checks at Goa!

WALES
Level Contributor
65 posts
Save Topic
Swine Flu checks at Goa!

Can anyone tell me what are the checks, when you arrive at Dolmin airport.

All packed (again) ready for the off in morning.

Private Full-Day All-Inclusive Tour...
10 Reviews
from US$ 60.00*
Temples of Goa, led by Archaeologist
from US$ 150.00*
Free Cancellation
Derbyshire
Level Contributor
143 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Swine Flu checks at Goa!

Yes, I'm quite interested to find out about the swine flu checks too, especially as it has been reported that a 39 year old man from the UK has been quarantined after arriving at Goa today.

Edited: 25 November 2009, 21:00
Mentioned in this post
Goa
Goa
India
London
Level Contributor
267 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Swine Flu checks at Goa!

Hi WalesRugbyman, don't know what the actual checks are, but have you printed off and completed the Health Screening Card from the VFS Global web site to hand in at immigation on your arrival to Goa? Have a great time.

Mentioned in this post
Goa
Goa
India
WALES
Level Contributor
65 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Swine Flu checks at Goa!

Hi Squidgle, yes printed off forms & part filled in, thanks.

We are hearing from Goa, not everyone is being Screened, some flights are just walking through & handing in the Health forms at Immigration??

While others are having to queue ( unusual for Goa i know ) lol, & everyone is checked. Oh well soon find out, land 0500hrs friday.

Mentioned in this post
Goa
Goa
India
Brighton
Level Contributor
1,031 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Swine Flu checks at Goa!

My understanding is that in addition to the form you have to pass through a temperature reading machine, if the machine shows your body temperature over a certain level i.e. you have a fever, you are quarantined – the very thought of being quarantined during precious holiday time is enough to give most of us a temperature!

Have a fantastic trip.

Lancashire
Level Contributor
73 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Swine Flu checks at Goa!

It is a typical Goan exercise. You enter the arrivals hall and are directed to a queue were you are given a form to fill in (some I believe are now getting these forms in advance) that has a few questions - any countries visited in last 10days, contact with any flu sufferers, that sort of thing. You then pass what looked to me like a thermal image camera and then there is a guy watching a screen and a woman taking the form from you , stamping it and then giving it you back to you to hand in with your immigration form, passport, visa etc. Needless to say the woman doesn't even look at the form, just stamps it and the guy at the screen frequently goes off for a wander, both of whom are masked and gloved - like I say, a typical Goan exercise and quite comical to watch!

Brighton
Level Contributor
1,031 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Swine Flu checks at Goa!

Hey if we are unfortunate enough to end up in quarantine, hope we can order out for beer and curry!

sheffield
Level Contributor
465 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Swine Flu checks at Goa!

I've already had swine flu in September but won't be telling them at the airport! I have heard advice not to over-indulge in the free alcohol on board as this may heighten one's body temperature. Is this true? I know it's kind of sensible but really!

milton keynes
Level Contributor
786 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Swine Flu checks at Goa!

anyone know if their screening in bombay

Manchester, UK
Level Contributor
3,988 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Swine Flu checks at Goa!

Yes they are Mick, and even though you have submitted a form in Mumbai, they will give you another form to fill in in Goa and they won't let you out of the airport until you fill it in.

Mentioned in this post
Mumbai
Mumbai
Maharashtra, India
Goa
Goa
India
Stafford, United...
Level Contributor
124 posts
62 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Swine Flu checks at Goa!

I filled out a form in Mumbai handed it in and just walked through no one even looked at form and no strange temperature machines. In Goa didnt have to fill out another form there was no screening!

Mentioned in this post
Mumbai
Mumbai
Maharashtra, India
Goa
Goa
India