We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Shack allotment policy

ottawa
12 posts
Save Topic
Shack allotment policy

Dear All,

I have noticed some shacks on the beach with the same owners every year I go ex: shore bar, lilipot and curlies in Anjuna, are those shacks built on private property ? and if so then does the shack allotment apply to them ?

I am wondering if such shacks will be operating already or the rules have changed and now someone else might take over the shack due to the new rules.

Sam

Mentioned in this post
Anjuna
Anjuna
Bardez, India
Goa
Destination Expert
for Calangute, Siolim
Level Contributor
4,084 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Shack allotment policy

Hi samlimi

Shacks built on private property have a different liscence than those that are actually on the beach so the same people can have them year upon year especially if the property is theirs but the beach shacks are SUPPOSED to be positioned by a draw.Funnily enough many shacks always seem to get the same position .

The draw (or lack of it is part of the problem with the shack allocation this year.

Cant say about the shacks that you mentioned as am not familiar with individual shacks at Anjuna.

Mentioned in this post
Anjuna
Anjuna
Bardez, India
Fallen on Hard Times
Level Contributor
1,259 posts
51 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Shack allotment policy

I was told that shacks are allocated on a Scrupulously Fair “Back-hander” System. Is that NOT so?

Goa
Destination Expert
for Calangute, Siolim
Level Contributor
4,084 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Shack allotment policy

Hi Mzungu_Mzee_Sana

I cant possibly believe that could happen.Not in Goa .

oheraldo.in/pagedetails.asp?nid=29955&cid=26

Mentioned in this post
Goa
Goa
India
ottawa
12 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Shack allotment policy

Thanks Bruahy for your response, I believe the places I mentioned in Anjuna are considered restaurants not shacks.

I would appreciate a feedback from anyone who happens to be around Anjuna, i believe Wednesday market could be a good day to visit and update us accordingly.

Sam

Mentioned in this post
Anjuna
Anjuna
Bardez, India
Goa
Destination Expert
for Calangute, Siolim
Level Contributor
4,084 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Shack allotment policy

Hi samlimi

We do visit Anguna as part of a ride around but NEVER on market day.The next time that we visit will have a look out to see if we can see them but it is a ride around so if on the beach or off the road we wont.We do go off road but only if exploring and Anguna has long past that stage.

6. Re: Shack allotment policy

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 15 May 2010, 09:56