We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Good news from the beach!!

Villaricos, Spain
Level Contributor
2,129 posts
3 reviews
Good news from the beach!!

My wife and daughter have just called me from the beach - Candolim - where they are lying out on sunbeds in the sun (a little bit of cloud), have just been for a swim in the sea, and have invited me down for lunch!!! Fantastic!!

Still no beach shacks, as such, but lots of enterprising owners are putting beds out, and supplying some drinks, and limited food (Toasties in this case) from their storage areas. Well done...........................................

So. I'm just off for a swim, sunbathe, and lunch - see you later!!

London, United...
Destination Expert
for Goa
Level Contributor
2,605 posts
5 reviews
1. Re: Good news from the beach!!

Well Lucky ole you Blues, thanks for that !! Enjoy your cheese toastie, and i do hope there is some way that you can get a cold beer ;-))

We are being hammered with wind & rain. I have a nice water feature in my Garden, it's my upside down Steel Framed Gazebo, lol

Leeds
Destination Expert
for Goa
Level Contributor
12,098 posts
89 reviews
2. Re: Good news from the beach!!

Glad to hear that some of the shack owners are managing to work round the current problems. Thanks for the update Bluesmania and enjoy that sunshine :-)

At least the chocolates were safe Kal PMSL

Villaricos, Spain
Level Contributor
2,129 posts
3 reviews
3. Re: Good news from the beach!!

I didn't get there to the beach in the end, even though it's literally at the end of our garden - i had to go into Calangute, and then test a P.A. system. The OH and daughter enjoyed the beds, sea, and sun, said it was great, but said that the toastie was not so good - a bit burned. Nice cold drinks though.

I grabbed a samosa on the run in Calangute - lovely.....................

Vagator, India
Destination Expert
for Goa
Level Contributor
4,818 posts
12 reviews
4. Re: Good news from the beach!!

Hi Blues

In reply to your question about Herman, he has gone back to playing on his own.

He did some Gigs at the Stonehouse and Bardays with Carlos and Alex on Bass guitar a few weeks back but could not get enough money to cover the costs of a band

We went to Montana's to eat last night and on to Bardays about 10 Pm, it was a great evening.

Herman is playing at Tequila tonight near Molly's but think we are going to Nicks Place to eat and on to the night market

Stoke-on-Trent...
Level Contributor
747 posts
2 reviews
5. Re: Good news from the beach!!

Hi Blues can you tell me if they are charging for the sunbeds this year. thanks

Chelmsford, United...
Level Contributor
616 posts
6. Re: Good news from the beach!!

Goody! thats cheerful news about the sun coming out to play!!

The weather here in south devon is like monsoon, we've got garden chairs floating in the pond, and can hear the sea roaring through our doubleglazed windows!!! The sea looks awesome!!

Villaricos, Spain
Level Contributor
2,129 posts
3 reviews
7. Re: Good news from the beach!!

Unfortunately, Sat eve turned into a massive thunderstorm. Really heavy – we didn’t even go out in the end. It’s been Ok during the day on Sunday, sun and clouds, but a bit humid. However, some lightning in the distance tonight, and very dark clouds. I’ve had my gig for tonite cancelled ‘cos they’re expecting rain. Only 30 mins notice……………

See forecasts - wunderground.com/global/stations/43192.html

weather-forecast.com/locations/…latest

Sylv – The OH and daughter certainly didn’t pay for the beds. However, they did eat/drink and were well known to the shack owners, even though it is not our regular shack (next door). I would not pay for beds if I was using the shack for food and drinks. I thought I heard some operators quoting bed prices to some tourists when I was walking on the beach the other day – the very busy section just at the bottom of beach road.

Welloutofit – yeah, that’s one (and only one) of the problems with bands. Often outweighed by the pleasure of playing with other musicians, however, if you’ve got to eat…………. Did you get to Mackie’s Market last night? The skies opened in Candolim, sheeted down, with thunder and lightning, the lot. We were just about to go out (no gig last night) and ended up staying in. Even the dog didn’t want to go out!! I’m due to be playing at Jambalaya in Candolim every Sunday (next door to Mango Grove, opp Bending Bamboo), and at Rabbie Burns Scottish Pub in Calangute every Friday (behind Bombay Jungle Bazaar, nr the Post Office Road roundabout). Both 7.30 to 10.30pm, or later if permitted. I’ll PM you my tel no.

Goa
Destination Expert
for Calangute, Siolim
Level Contributor
4,109 posts
13 reviews
8. Re: Good news from the beach!!

Hi Blusmania

We stay within hearing distance of Rabbie Burns ,Better keep the volume down as its been a bit excessive recently and the locals are getting ratty so he'll find himslf in a bit of hassle soon if he dosnt from what they say to us. and you wont have a gig

Stoke-on-Trent...
Level Contributor
747 posts
2 reviews
9. Re: Good news from the beach!!

Thanks Blues, where exactly are your live gigs? we will be staying at the Phoenix in Candolim just opposite the Lemon tree, quite partial to a bit of live music. wot type of music do you play, we like rock and i love Clapton, but we are open minded live music is live music bring it on !!!

Villaricos, Spain
Level Contributor
2,129 posts
3 reviews
10. Re: Good news from the beach!!

Bruahy - Thanks. I don't think he's had any live music on yet, so i'm surprised that he's been loud. He will dictate the volume, but I'll mention it to him.

Sylv - see my reply to Welloutofit, above. If you PM me before you come out, I'll let you know whet's going on.