We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Palolem - what money to bring

London
9 posts
Save Topic
Palolem - what money to bring

Hi,

I'm staying in a beach hut on Palolem beach in December.

I've had conflicting advice about what to bring regarding currency.

I've heard you can't get Rupees in England so would it be best to bring some money in pound sterling and change that at the airport for the taxi journey?

Are there palces in Palolem where I can use my debit card to get cash out?

And is it worth getting Vaccinations before we go?

Many Thanks

Mentioned in this post
Palolem Beach
Palolem Beach
2,193 Reviews
Canacona, India
Palolem
Palolem
Canacona, India
Leicester, United...
Level Contributor
1,375 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Palolem - what money to bring

Hi yes just change around £20 at the airport which will give you enough to pay for the pre paid taxi and drinks for your journey There are atm machines at palolem so no probs there but let your bank know that you will be using your card in goa before you leave

your vaccinations are a must and im sure you need to take them 6 weeks before you go correct me if im wrong

anyway have a great time also give Agonda a look around while your there

Sharon

Mentioned in this post
Agonda
Agonda
South Goa District, India
2. Re: Palolem - what money to bring

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 10 May 2010, 10:48