We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

doctors/ maleria tablets.

Castle Bromwich...
Level Contributor
355 posts
16 reviews
doctors/ maleria tablets.

just got back from the doctors,thinking i need a private persciption, but she got out her up to date leaflet,and it said for goa,that i can buy paludrine/avloclor travell pack over the counter,that was the only one recomended for goa,it sells at about £15,but there are 112 tablets to take , anyone else had these, thanks and sorry about my spelling.

south wales (uk)
Level Contributor
75 posts
3 reviews
1. Re: doctors/ maleria tablets.

Hi

we have had the same info and started our's last saturday

as we are off this saturday. No problems as of yet.

LIVERPOOL
Level Contributor
8,849 posts
39 reviews
2. Re: doctors/ maleria tablets.

Hi Susan, I start mine this Saturday so hopefully not expecting any side effects. I am going for 3 weeks so will be taking tablets for 8 weeks!!

merseyside
Level Contributor
254 posts
46 reviews
3. Re: doctors/ maleria tablets.

I took these when I went to Kenya last January and had no side effects at all.

Have a lovely time

Sue

Castle Bromwich...
Level Contributor
355 posts
16 reviews
4. Re: doctors/ maleria tablets.

thanks everyone dont go till xmas eve,so all have brill holidays.

United Kingdom
Level Contributor
9,937 posts
121 reviews
5. Re: doctors/ maleria tablets.

We have some pretty nasty side effects wityh those tablets - nausea and dizzyness.

It helps if you take them after a meal, or maybe before you go to bed.

You might be lucky though and be fine.

LIVERPOOL
Level Contributor
8,849 posts
39 reviews
6. Re: doctors/ maleria tablets.

Thats something to look forward to prettypollycat!!

London
Destination Expert
for Goa
Level Contributor
4,980 posts
37 reviews
7. Re: doctors/ maleria tablets.

I've been fine with them, although I forgot to take them after breakfast on Sunday and took them before lunch and felt very sick. That'll teach me!

Am off tomorrow evening and Am Not Ready! Not sure why not, but I'm just not. I'm in a panic. It doesn't help that I left my sandals in Spain in September and have only just realised. Feet not the same shape as Indian sandals either.

United Kingdom
Level Contributor
9,937 posts
121 reviews
8. Re: doctors/ maleria tablets.

Stalex

you've had your fair share of problems already with your visas (LOL) - you'll be fine with the malaria tablets (fingers crosed).

Brighton
Level Contributor
1,031 posts
7 reviews
9. Re: doctors/ maleria tablets.

You can also buy them on-line and probably quite a bit cheaper than Boots. Paludrine/Avloclor Travel Pack 112 (which is your box with 7 weekly strips) is currently £9.40 from Brennans Pharmacy plus postage (total £11.75). Been using these tabs for years and never had any side effects – oops hope I haven’t spoken too soon! We always take them with our evening meal

www.brennanspharmacy.co.uk is their website.

LIVERPOOL
Level Contributor
8,849 posts
39 reviews
10. Re: doctors/ maleria tablets.

Any advice as to whether you would be better taking the tablets after breakfast or the evening meal? Or just as long as you had food in your stomach? I done a 3 day trial last week with the Malarone Paediatric for my 5 year old daughter and she had no problems at all which was good news.