We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Visa jurisdiction areas

Carlisle, United...
Level Contributor
14 posts
8 reviews
Visa jurisdiction areas

Here we go again - 5th time to Goa and the visa monster rears its head yet again !

We live 8 miles from the Scottish border but I read that our jurisdiction area for visa applications is either Manchester or Birmingham. I want to go in person to Edinburgh as it is cheaper and quicker. Do I take the risk ?

We go on 7th December.

Sandy

London, United...
Destination Expert
for Cavelossim
Level Contributor
4,032 posts
20 reviews
1. Re: Visa jurisdiction areas

Personally, I wouldn't take the risk. If you travel to Edinburgh and they tell you, as you already know, that they have no jurisdiction to deal with your application you will have wasted your journey (although, as a Scot, I would never say that a visit to Scotland is ever a wasted one!)..

Think about postal application instead. I posted visa application yesterday, SDE tracking shows that it was delivered at Hayes very early this morning and I am confident that it will all be in order and I'll get my passport back within the next week. I am only 15 minutes walk from work to one of the London offices, but postal application is easier and quicker.It did involve about 15 minutes queuing in the post office to buy the SDE's, but it was lunchtime.

2. Re: Visa jurisdiction areas

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 03 May 2010, 10:50