We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

beer

north wales
Level Contributor
2,177 posts
40 reviews
beer

just opened a bottle of kingfisher ,very nice.

liverpool
Level Contributor
37 posts
4 reviews
1. Re: beer

where did you buy it norman

Znojmo, Czech...
Level Contributor
3,124 posts
23 reviews
2. Re: beer

the kingfisher you get in uk tastes much better than the stuff you get in india..

East Ayrshire...
Level Contributor
1,304 posts
23 reviews
3. Re: beer

Ok so you probably know this but just wanted to share a tip I learnt in goa from one of the waiters at silver sands -

Sitting on the terrace with a kingfisher the waiter brings a glass of water and shows me how to get rid of the glycerine in it which leaves the bad aftertaste, hold the opened bottle over a glass of water and watch the glycerine drain to the bottom of the glass leaving a smooth kingfisher. Bit fiddly but nice. Oh I so miss Goa. Sitting here on a wet day in Scotland ith a glass of Vino just isn't the same!!!

north wales
Level Contributor
2,177 posts
40 reviews
4. Re: beer

hi bazzer bought it from aldi been in the fridge ,nice.

Znojmo, Czech...
Level Contributor
3,124 posts
23 reviews
5. Re: beer

yes i also remove the glycerine from the goan kingfisher,plenty of it as well.

Stourbridge, United...
Level Contributor
962 posts
10 reviews
6. Re: beer

Sorry for being thick, but - don't get it. Hold the bottle over a glass of water. I imagine pouring it into a glass of water??? Please can you explain in more detail so that I can try it when we get there.

Staffs
Level Contributor
109 posts
7. Re: beer

Place your thumb to cover the top of a full beer bottle. Overturn it into a glass of water. Gently remove your thumb. After some time you will see a fine strain of golden liquid slowly appearing in the water. The guy who performed this trick told me that this was glycerine which was only present in Indian beer, probably as a preservative of some sort. If you allow the 'glycerine' to flow out for about 2 minutes the beer then tastes distinctly different.

East Ayrshire...
Level Contributor
1,304 posts
23 reviews
8. Re: beer

Hi Robocop

The water will act as a seal ( I guess) and allows the glycerine to come out, suppose this must be heavier than beer but just guessing, ask one of the waiters to show you - or wait until you have had a few and try it lol.

It is definitely smoother without but I like it just as it is also.

Kent, UK
Level Contributor
1,853 posts
51 reviews
9. Re: beer

How much is left in the bottle, minus the glycerine and what you must spill when lifting the neck of the bottle out of the water?

East Ayrshire...
Level Contributor
1,304 posts
23 reviews
10. Re: beer

Once you get the hang of it it is really easy and you shouldn't lose any beer, follow Alm6 instructions and it should be easy - I forgot about the thumb lol.

Wish I was there now with a large kingfisher!!