We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

smoking

Preston, United...
Level Contributor
567 posts
52 reviews
smoking

put in wrong forum oops. Are you allowed to smoke on the beach whilst sunbathing, and where else please.

Durham
Level Contributor
359 posts
7 reviews
1. Re: smoking

tripadvisor.co.uk/ShowTopic-g297605-i9001-k3…

Here is a link to a previous similar question.

You should find the answers here, just ignore the pro/anti smoking debate that crept into the replies.

New Delhi, India
Level Contributor
7,635 posts
108 reviews
2. Re: smoking

Smoking is banned at public places and beaches are public places.

It's a punishable offence and you may be fined at the spot...

Goa/Pattaya/Cambodia...
Level Contributor
137 posts
3. Re: smoking

I expect you would be ok out at sea...don't go to far out though it gets a bit choppy!

Calangute, India
Destination Expert
for Goa, Candolim, Calangute
Level Contributor
2,367 posts
109 reviews
4. Re: smoking

since the smoking ban was implemented in india, Goa has the least number of people charged 250 compared to thousands in other states and cities

Goa
Destination Expert
for Calangute, Siolim
Level Contributor
4,109 posts
13 reviews
5. Re: smoking

HI

NO

Press Today Saturday 3rd october

www.oheraldo.in/pagedetails.asp…

blackpool
Level Contributor
578 posts
5 reviews
6. Re: smoking

So who is correct K Yogi above who says you cannot smoke on the beach or this guy

Tourism department’s shack policy had made mandatory for the shacks to display boards and resist guests from smoking in the shack. They can go outside on the beach and smoke,” Dr Shekhar Salkar, General Secretary, National Organisation for Tobacco Eradication (NOTE), an anti-tobacco NGO said.

Calangute, India
Destination Expert
for Goa, Candolim, Calangute
Level Contributor
2,367 posts
109 reviews
7. Re: smoking

hibruahy

didnt we have this conversation the year before last as well

Mumbai
Level Contributor
124 posts
33 reviews
8. Re: smoking

Hi....while there is a blanket law across the country banning smoking in public places it is not enforced or followed in Goa AT ALL. To the contrary while they might display "Smoking not permitted" signs they don't even have smoking and non'smoking sections as was previously the norm. With the exception of Lila Cafe at Baga Creek - I till date have not come across a single establishment restricting people from smoking.

I'm a vacation smoker and haven't faced any problem in Goa. In other cities like Bombay, Delhi etc it is very strictly enforced and there is absolutely no smoking permitted in any enclosed area or public place. However, I wouldn't worry about it too much in Goa. Have fun - light up and enjoy a cold kings beer! :)

9. Re: smoking

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 04 April 2010, 09:46