We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

just booked!

Bradford
Level Contributor
167 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
just booked!

Hi Guys

Just booked - after days of trawling websites and making phone calls. Thomas Cook direct flight from Manchester, 16th Nov for 3 weeks, £410. Last year I would have thought this was expensive, but a bargain this year. Have any of you managed to beat this, or have I managed to help anyone who has been looking for a flight? God, I'm really excited now!

Stoke-on-Trent...
Level Contributor
745 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: just booked!

Hi Katie is that flight only? is it flying with Thomas Cook or Monarch?

Bradford
Level Contributor
167 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: just booked!

hi

Flying with T. Cook, flight only. I was going to wait until nearer the time, but after reading recent posts, and doing lots of research,thought better of it and felt I had a good deal, also, don't want accommodation.If it had been Monarch, think i would have hung on though!

Stoke-on-Trent...
Level Contributor
745 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: just booked!

Hi Katie, sounds a good deal to me, think the prices are through the roof this year, might be the last time for us to Goa after ten years, like others are saying you can get to Sharm with no visa, no malaria and a closer flight time, will have to wait and see. have a fab time bet you can`t wait.x

Bradford
Level Contributor
167 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: just booked!

Hi Sylv

I know what you mean with visas, but it isn't that big a deal really, I suppose i've just got used to it. If you're thinking of not going to Goa again, I think it could be because of where you stay, or maybe I'm wrong. We used to be up North but not any more, it's changed so much,and not for the better in my humble opinion, I now enjoy it for a few days, but would not think about staying there for more than that(I am 40 + and like a more quiet life on the whole, but there's life in the old lass yet!).Also, although I cannot say too much for obvious reasons, certain people appear to have taken over certain parts of North Goa and there is a seedier side to it,

and it seems to be not as nice a place as it was.This is sad, but it's life,so what can we do?

Plymouth, United...
Destination Expert
for Tigaki
Level Contributor
5,306 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: just booked!

Well done Katie!!! the way things are this season, i reckon you've got a pretty good deal.

BOB.

Stockport, United...
Level Contributor
1,435 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: just booked!

Nice one Katie...hope you have a great time!

Sylv, as for going to Sharm, my hubbie and I have just returned from Luxor, allthough we enjoyed it, If we had a pound for every time we said "it's not like Goa, is it?"...we would be very wealthy now!!

Susie.x

7. Re: just booked!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 23 March 2010, 11:53