We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Want a good laugh!!!!

Hampshire
Level Contributor
297 posts
18 reviews
Want a good laugh!!!!

My sister is in Goa at the moment, she called today she was telling me that the Goans are panicking like hell about catching swine flu. She walked into a shop yesturday and all the indians in there took one look at her and put on face masks!!

manchester
Level Contributor
5,642 posts
31 reviews
1. Re: Want a good laugh!!!!

Yep, sounds like Goans answer to things, either over react or totally ignore it. Still, who are we to pass judgement.

Hereford, United...
Level Contributor
1,287 posts
94 reviews
2. Re: Want a good laugh!!!!

Three more people - all in Maharashtra - died of swine flu on Tuesday, taking the country's toll to 138, health officials said in New Delhi.

This is a quote from today 10th September - wonder how many more people died from Malaria?

Chelmsford, United...
Level Contributor
616 posts
3. Re: Want a good laugh!!!!

Exactly! Get it in proportion!

Spent weekend in London recently, noone there seemed the least bit worried, all going on as usual.

Not a facemask in sight!

Stiff upper lip chaps!

People where I work have had swine flu recently, and lived to tell the tale.

That was funny though, Anita099, did make me laugh!!!!

Hampshire
Level Contributor
297 posts
18 reviews
4. Re: Want a good laugh!!!!

I have just had a thought, do you think they might not want to shake are hands so much this season??

UK
Level Contributor
486 posts
25 reviews
5. Re: Want a good laugh!!!!

Even better hopefully the porters at the airport won't want to touch our cases!!!

Mumbai
Level Contributor
61 posts
1 review
6. Re: Want a good laugh!!!!

I hope locals also understand that tourists are at as much risk to catch swine flu from locals as they are from tourists.

Local business owners would be in a lot worse position if tourists fear of swine flu and stay away from Goa this year.

Eventually everyone will warm up to everything.

Fear though is after all fear.

7. Re: Want a good laugh!!!!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11 March 2010, 12:49