We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Thomas Cook upgrade

Stourbridge, United...
Level Contributor
962 posts
10 reviews
Save Topic
Thomas Cook upgrade

Anyone flew upgrade with TC? What was it like compared to standard class TC ( which was better than Monarch at least - quite impressed).Is the upgrade worth it?

Sheffield England
Level Contributor
480 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Thomas Cook upgrade

We flew TC premium to Mexico in Dec 08. I find it hard to say it was worth the money but the seats were better, wider and more comfy and a bit more leg room (all long hall are fairly good for leg room now a days. I was disappointed with the TV system which didn't give much ocntrol over when you watched your choice of film - you either watched it at the scheduled time it was shown or missed it! No pause an dplay facility either. I've had better with Etihad in their basic cabin.

Hope you have a better experience - enjoy your holiday.

Sheffield
Level Contributor
87 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Thomas Cook upgrade

Hi Roobob

We have done the upgrade and are doing it again in December!! The tv gives you the choice of what and when to watch it and yes you can pause rewind etc.

The food is far better, we flew standard in March and really did notice the difference! If you like a drink on the plane then this again can get quite expensive I think we spent about £80 each way on upgrading the tv drinks etc, all free in premium.

I guess it all depends on how much they are charging, when we booked 2 weeks ago it was £169 per person, however I have noticed it has gone up to £175.

HTH

Rob

London, United...
Level Contributor
439 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Thomas Cook upgrade

I have flown premium with TC to Venezuela.

If you can get a return upgrade for less the £200 I would say it was worth it. Although having said that the economy seats were also very good.

United Kingdom
Destination Expert
for Goa
Level Contributor
7,833 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Thomas Cook upgrade

Hi roobob, the TC premium was okay, wider seat and food was okay but Monarch premium was better. We've not travelled in TC economy so can't comment on that.

Stourbridge, United...
Level Contributor
962 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Thomas Cook upgrade

Thanks everyone - I'll give it some thought.

bonnie70
Level Contributor
90 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Thomas Cook upgrade

i have just been quoted £350 for upgrade .manchester to goa .a bit much dont think i will bother.

swinton,south...
Level Contributor
4,320 posts
319 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Thomas Cook upgrade

Hi

Just upgraded today,quoted around may time £169 each

today at £119 each to Goa with First choice from

East Midlands in December.

United Kingdom
Destination Expert
for Goa
Level Contributor
7,833 posts
1 review
Save Reply
8. Re: Thomas Cook upgrade

For anyone looking to book through Thomas Cook but the upgrade is too expensive, have a look at Direct Holidays. The holiday price is dearer than Thomas Cook without the upgrade but the upgrade is cheaper with Direct Holidays and the discount offer with the upgrade is bigger, if that makes sense. But you need to actually click on the 'alternative flights' link to get the correct prices up.

9. Re: Thomas Cook upgrade

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12 March 2010, 10:47