We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Only 5 days in Goa - north or south?

London, United...
Level Contributor
3 posts
11 reviews
Save Topic
Only 5 days in Goa - north or south?

My husband and I are planning to stay in Goa to relax for 5 days at the end of a long first-time trip to India. We're looking for a nice, clean, not too busy beach and a decent range of eateries.

We can't decide where to stay but know we don't want to move about too much as we're doing for the rest of our trip. So far either Madrem or Benaulim seem good options.

However, I've read that Benaulim is getting very busy and is dirty and that Madrem is very small so we won't have much to do in the evening. We're not looking to go clubbing just go out every evening for a decent meal and bars. Any help in choosing would be great? or a better alternative still?

London
Destination Expert
for Goa
Level Contributor
4,956 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Only 5 days in Goa - north or south?

I wouldn't have said that Benaulim was either dirty or particularly busy, to be honest. Calangute and Baga are busy.

Nowhere is as quiet and unspoilt as even five years ago, but Benaulim's pretty good, I would have thought and there are plenty of places to eat there. I don't know Mandrem.

Znojmo, Czech...
Level Contributor
3,124 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Only 5 days in Goa - north or south?

my wife and i like it [quiet but not too quiet]and for us benaulim is perfect ,probably about 15 to 20 beach shacks and another 15 or so restaurants inland

most nights some live music at the restaurants but no discos.its only busy during the xmas period for about 2 weeks .about it being dirty ,well goa is not the cleanest place ive ever been but benaulim doesnt strike me as being any more dirty than other parts of goa,[watch out for the cow pats though..

3. Re: Only 5 days in Goa - north or south?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 24 February 2010, 18:48