We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

dab radio

Calangute, India
Destination Expert
for Goa, Candolim, Calangute
Level Contributor
2,368 posts
109 reviews
dab radio

hi

i know the british system of dab is different from some other countries does anyone know if british dab radios will work in goa

London, United...
Destination Expert
for Cavelossim
Level Contributor
4,032 posts
20 reviews
1. Re: dab radio

I didn't even know that DAB radio had reached North Wales! LOL

London
Destination Expert
for Goa
Level Contributor
4,977 posts
37 reviews
2. Re: dab radio

Don't know, but please tell me you're not expecting to get British radio stations in Goa (and that's not as stupid a question as it may seem...).

Goa
Destination Expert
for Calangute, Siolim
Level Contributor
4,109 posts
13 reviews
3. Re: dab radio

Hi dragon07NorthWales

Here is a reply from the Renowned Cyberhippie from another forum that he contributes to

indiamike.com/india/…

Herts
Level Contributor
110 posts
4. Re: dab radio

Hi

I took my Pure Portable DAB radio with me in April, and it was useless! Couldn't pick up any channels.

Sheffield U.K
Level Contributor
997 posts
11 reviews
5. Re: dab radio

Hi All

The worldspace that was mentioned has now gone bankrupt and the satellites switched of

Calangute, India
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
2,368 posts
109 reviews
6. Re: dab radio

goa girl

me not quite that stoopid,i nearly can count to ten,but joking aside i do listen to radio even in india,it was just a general enquiry,i normaly carry world band,as for local radio stations i am informed that even with broadband in goa you cant recieve them

London
Destination Expert
for Goa
Level Contributor
4,977 posts
37 reviews
7. Re: dab radio

It honestly wasn't as stupid a question as it sounded. Someone asked me in February in Goa, why they couldn't pick up Radio 1 on their DAB radio when they'd deliberately tuned it in before they left the UK.

I usually take a short wave radio with me, but there's not much to pick up. Sometimes I can get the BBC World Service, but not often.

Calangute, India
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
2,368 posts
109 reviews
8. Re: dab radio

hi

there are a few local stations out there who broadcast in english or half and half,and some good programmes especially music with all tastes catered for ie blues,jazz,pop off the top of my head i think one is called blue,perhaps someone out there can update

London, United...
Level Contributor
714 posts
9. Re: dab radio

my mate listens to radio via broadband.radio lancashire,dont know why though it puzzles me.(listening to radio lancashire)

Buckingham, United...
Level Contributor
137 posts
1 review
10. Re: dab radio

With a laptop with an internet connection you could get radio via the net. Personaly though, I want to get away from all that when on my hols!