We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Just booked Nazri Resort Goa.. anyone been?!

England
Level Contributor
42 posts
45 reviews
Just booked Nazri Resort Goa.. anyone been?!

Just taken a chance and booked this resort with Monarch holidays for Easter 2010 and just wondered if anyone has stayed there yet? I have checked out their own website which mskes the hotel look clean and modern. Would appreciate some real feedback as no reviews posted... is it finished?! Also it is really hot in early April??

Suffolk, UK
Level Contributor
1,395 posts
22 reviews
1. Re: Just booked Nazri Resort Goa.. anyone been?!

We have booked to stay there in January so will certainly post a review when we get back.

welloutofit very kindly went to view and his impressions can be found on this link:

tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g297604-i6045-k282…

Sounds luuuuverly!!

Vagator, India
Destination Expert
for Goa
Level Contributor
4,795 posts
12 reviews
2. Re: Just booked Nazri Resort Goa.. anyone been?!

is it really hot in early April??

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Yes! about 35 to 40 in the sun but there is normally a strong breeze particuly on the beach, last year it was unusuly high humidity which made it sticky.

Last years weather here thanks to bruahy

tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g297604-i6045-k225…

Greenford, Middx.
Level Contributor
1,774 posts
59 reviews
3. Re: Just booked Nazri Resort Goa.. anyone been?!

Hi ll_crawford .... we're also staying at the Nazri Easter 2010 for 2 weeks arriving 02/04. We went Easter 2008 & yes it is hot, but as long as you have A/C in your room, drink plenty of fluids (& not just Kingfishers or large G&T's), you'll be fine.

Really looking forward to it. Hope to meet you & have a few drinks in the bar.

England
Level Contributor
42 posts
45 reviews
4. Re: Just booked Nazri Resort Goa.. anyone been?!

Hi Stepsahead

We're leaving Easter Saturday, so guessing we will arrive on the sunday (via monarch - I think thats another topic in itself).

Never been Goa before & cant wait to see what its like. Unfortunately we're only staying for 1 week, wish it was 2!

Looking forward to trying the local food & kingfishers.

Lisa

Greenford, Middx.
Level Contributor
1,774 posts
59 reviews
5. Re: Just booked Nazri Resort Goa.. anyone been?!

See you there Lisa .... 8 1/2 months to go .... can't wait

Leeds
Level Contributor
459 posts
76 reviews
6. Re: Just booked Nazri Resort Goa.. anyone been?!

It looks like its going to be crowded then !! I have booked for 3 of us,wife, me and eldest son (I know ..tragic!)over easter next year. We have been twice before to baga and have also done the golden triangle tour once before...and we are doing it again this time.I'm pretty sure I know where the Nazri is,,somewhere near Titos Rd?? Have stayed at the Ronil Beach and the Sun Village before and been regular visitors to the Big Bannana shack.

Dont book local excursions with your tour operator, the local taxi drivers will take you to exactly the same places for a fraction of the price!! They are reliable, honest (painfully so!) and will often add little extras...we went to the spice plantation for a third of the tour operators price and had a tour of a couple of local markets and a fantastic temple on the way back at no extra cost!

Hope to see you all there and buy you a beer! (I will be the one trying to marry our eldest off to a local!)

England
Level Contributor
42 posts
45 reviews
7. Re: Just booked Nazri Resort Goa.. anyone been?!

Thanks for your advice Dave (in Leeds), I had read that its cheaper to use the local taxi drivers as opposed to tour operator excursions so will definately be doing that!! Look forward to the beer lol!

Yes, it seems this hotel is fairly popular so far, well at least there will be 7 people there for definate!!! lol. 8 1/2 months & counting!!!

How do you get Malaria tablets? Do you need a perscription from the Dr's or can you just go to the local Chemist? Never taken Malaria before, have always been put off countries where malaria is required as a few people I know felt a bit ill with them? I guess everyone is different but would hate to be ill on holiday!

Stepsahead - I notice from your previous forums that you have been to the Maldives, do you need malaria tablets here? (going in November this year).

Greenford, Middx.
Level Contributor
1,774 posts
59 reviews
8. Re: Just booked Nazri Resort Goa.. anyone been?!

You do need jabs .... but you don't need to take Malaria tablets that I am aware of ... we didn't.

Talking about Malaria tablets, we ordered ours from here

www.chemistdirect.co.uk/malaria_s5.html

much cheaper than the high st chemist or boots.

Greenford, Middx.
Level Contributor
1,774 posts
59 reviews
9. Re: Just booked Nazri Resort Goa.. anyone been?!

forgot to ask you Lisa .... where are you staying in the Maldives?

We're of too Thailand Phuket at the end of Oct.

Greenford, Middx.
Level Contributor
1,774 posts
59 reviews
10. Re: Just booked Nazri Resort Goa.. anyone been?!

Dave-in-Leeds .... gonna have to buy you a beer right back!!!!

Marrying off your eldest .... oh dear .... LOL!!