We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Going to Goa at Christmas

West Sussex
Level Contributor
7 posts
20 reviews
Save Topic
Going to Goa at Christmas

Can anyone advise the best place to go over the Christmas season - i have been looking for some cheap deals, but there are none around for this time of year... Anyone been at this time of year - any special events we should go to?

London, United...
Destination Expert
for Goa
Level Contributor
5,932 posts
119 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Going to Goa at Christmas

Christmas is very popular in Goa, you wont get a cheap deal at this time and prices are very much higher than the rest of the season.

manchester
Level Contributor
51 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Going to Goa at Christmas

me and the mrs are going on christmas day from manchester for 3 weeks, its cost £900 each but as its xmas time we were happy to pay that.not sure where we booked it as i leave that to other half..we're staying in candolim

West Sussex
Level Contributor
7 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Going to Goa at Christmas

i might try looking to flight out xmas day ... thanks for advice!

Swansea, United...
Level Contributor
692 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Going to Goa at Christmas

Hi Tommytourist

If you can hold your nerve and leave it until last minute you may get a bargain.

We booked at the end of November last year for mid December and over xmas and paid around £670 each for the fortnight :-))

We stayed in Cavelossim and found that most of the celebrations were actually xmas eve rather than xmas day, however at least one of the beach shacks put on a xmas lunch - funny to watch soooo many drunk people at tea time :-))

5. Re: Going to Goa at Christmas

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 20 January 2010, 10:48