We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Fire at Clinic of Dr Hubert Gomes

Goa
Destination Expert
for Calangute, Siolim
Level Contributor
4,104 posts
13 reviews
Save Topic
Fire at Clinic of Dr Hubert Gomes

Hi

Today Thursday July 9th Goa herald

For those that Use Him

oheraldo.in/pagedetails.asp?nid=24249&cid=26

london
Level Contributor
130 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Fire at Clinic of Dr Hubert Gomes

Luckily it looks like no one was hurt. I am sure he will be back and drilling as soon as he can. Feel sorry for his staff mostly as they depend on him for a living.

london
Destination Expert
for Goa
Level Contributor
9,159 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Fire at Clinic of Dr Hubert Gomes

What terrible news, i also fill sorry for his staff who are very lovely girls, nothing is to much trouble for them.Gel

Vagator, India
Destination Expert
for Goa
Level Contributor
4,775 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Fire at Clinic of Dr Hubert Gomes

A later press release said that when the staff received news of the fire their mouths all opened wide and they felt numb and gob smacked but if they had been there they all knew the drill and it would not have hurt as much.

They now all felt a bit down in the mouth but would like to thank the fire brigade for fighting the problem tooth and nail and in a few months when the filling and veneers was complete they would all be able to smile again

St.Annes, Lancashire
Level Contributor
1,206 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Fire at Clinic of Dr Hubert Gomes

I wonder how they will be filling in their time until it reopens?

london
Level Contributor
130 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: Fire at Clinic of Dr Hubert Gomes

Very Funny....not for the staff that rely on his clinic for money though eh!!! No dole in Goa as far as I am aware.

Vagator, India
Destination Expert
for Goa
Level Contributor
4,775 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Fire at Clinic of Dr Hubert Gomes

No work in the Monsoons either.

Thats why the place was locked up and he was away on holiday in Kerala,

The Stunning...
Destination Expert
for Scottish Highlands, Crete
Level Contributor
26,567 posts
381 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Fire at Clinic of Dr Hubert Gomes

welloutofit......you are actually completely wrong, the clinic was locked as it was at 5am and Dr Gomes main clinics are for locals.....why else would his clinic be in Margao (hardly a hot spot for tourists).... I would also add that he also charges tourists the same prices as locals. He may have been out of state (everyone is allowed a holiday) but he has a number of great dentists who work at his clinic.

Vagator, India
Destination Expert
for Goa
Level Contributor
4,775 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Fire at Clinic of Dr Hubert Gomes

Hi Goanjock

I must admit I put two and two together after been told he was on holiday in Kerala by a friend who is a dental technician.

He had also told me a couple of years ago that he does not get any work in the monsoons because the dentists go away on holiday or only carry out emergence work as they can not guarantee the electrical supply to the clinics and it is not practical to fit large generators due to the start up lag and voltage stability problems

The Stunning...
Destination Expert
for Scottish Highlands, Crete
Level Contributor
26,567 posts
381 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Fire at Clinic of Dr Hubert Gomes

I think you will find that up until recent events his clinic is open 365 days a year. If a clinic in Goa was to shut due to power cuts I think they would be closed 365 days of the year ;-)

Vagator, India
Destination Expert
for Goa
Level Contributor
4,775 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Fire at Clinic of Dr Hubert Gomes

I notice you are now saying "you think" does that mean that like me you are only putting two and two together and you are not a 100% sure that I was wrong ?