We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

qatar flights

Somerset
Level Contributor
107 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
qatar flights

I've just priced some flights up for when I want to go next year for £711 for 2, can someone give me some info about where Doha (the stop) is and how easy is it to negotiate from arrivals to departure etc.

Many thanks

JenX

London
Destination Expert
for Goa
Level Contributor
4,959 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: qatar flights

Er, Doha's in Qatar...

Manchester, UK
Level Contributor
4,061 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: qatar flights

It's not a huge airport so you won't have problems changing from arrivals to departures.

Stockport Cheshire
Level Contributor
418 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: qatar flights

Hi Jen

Doha is in Qatar, if you are still not sure where that is in the world I have attached I link to the route map from the Qatar Website, should give you a better idea. It is in thhe middle east:

www.qatarairways.com/global/en/routemap.html

I can't comment on how easy it is to negotiate from arrivals to departures but from what I have read, you will have plenty of Qatar air crew willing to help you on your way smoothly to your transit flight to from Doha to Goa. You will not need to collect your luggage as this will be checked in from the Uk all they way through to Goa. Will be my first time with Qatar on April next year and I can't wait.

Scotland, United...
Level Contributor
193 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: qatar flights

Not been to Doha myself , but my husband has. He says it is a nice, small modern airport. Very easy to negotiate . Although it is 4 years since he has been there so may may have changed a bit. If you are in transit and just getting a contecting flight you are OK , but if you want to go out of the airort into Doha you need to join a queue and fill out an imigration form

He remembers the airport most for the really cheap cigarettes at the duty free!

Fi

Manchester
Level Contributor
104 posts
56 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: qatar flights

Doha airport is in Qatar in the UAE

Nice airport with very cheap duty free

Just be careful how long the gap is between landing and getting your connection to India

We had to wait for 9 hours last year and it was a very long and un comfortable 9 hours!!

Richie

St.Annes, Lancashire
Level Contributor
1,206 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: qatar flights

And for all of you who still like a cigarette, Doha airport has smoking rooms!!!!

Somerset
Level Contributor
107 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: qatar flights

Thanks for all the replies so far. Prices are still coming up quite good. Has anyone ever booked with MyQatar, its one of the links on the forum site.

Also when you land at Doha and get the connecting flight to Goa do we collect our luggage or does it get done for us? and would 1½ hours be enough time to get from arrivals to departures at Doha airport?

JenXX

Manchester, UK
Level Contributor
4,061 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: qatar flights

I have booked Qatar using their own website and not had a problem. If you are booking straight through to Goa then you won't need to collect your luggage as it will be checked all the way through. 1.5 hours is more than enough time to get from arrivals to departures.

St.Annes, Lancashire
Level Contributor
1,206 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: qatar flights

For any of you with a bad habit (which does include myself) this may be of interest to you.

Where can I smoke at Manchester Airport?

Smoking areas are available outside all three terminal buildings and are clearly signposted. Manchester Airport is currently looking at the viability of providing smoking areas after security and we are pleased to announce that the first, in T2 is due to open in September, airside smoking areas for T1 and T3 will continue to be investigated.

Back to Top.

Qatar fly from terminal 2!!!

Znojmo, Czech...
Level Contributor
3,124 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: qatar flights

just to add that Qatar are a 5 star airline.i.e very good ,if the prices are cheap go for it,and yes i have flown them.