We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

scooter & petrol

Bridlington
Level Contributor
99 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
scooter & petrol

hi all ta

which is the best scooter, for petrol & performance

Plymouth, United...
Destination Expert
for Tigaki
Level Contributor
5,811 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: scooter & petrol

From what i've seen, just take whatever you can. you can buy petrol on the roadside from a lot of shops. they sell it by the pint!!! bit expensive to buy it that way, but there arn't many petrol stations around.

BOB.

Sheffield U.K
Level Contributor
997 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: scooter & petrol

if you want performance you can hire motor bikes Enfield Bullet is a good one

nottingham
Level Contributor
147 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: scooter & petrol

Most of the scooters are Honda Activa models of various ages. These are fine for the roads in Goa and very economical, they do more miles per litre than you need to count. Petrol costs about 50 Rupees at the pump and about 60 Rupees a bottle from roadside shops...so not really worth losing sleep over the mark-up. Just check your tyres, brakes etc when you pick up the bike and agree any existing body damage.

Holland
Level Contributor
3,056 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: scooter & petrol

Be careful with roadside petrol vendors, there is sometimes kerosene mixed with the petrol, not too good for your scooter.

leeds uk
Level Contributor
954 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: scooter & petrol

Hi There,

Just remember you need international driving permit.

also your holiday insurance will get out of any claim involving a hired scooter.

I would check out previous threads on here re scooter hire and have a good think about it !

not trying to put you off, but just me being an over 50 :-) lol

enjoy

ian.........

Goa, India
Level Contributor
698 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: scooter & petrol

Hi...

Bad news (well I think it is), the State government is making it compulsory for bike riders to wear helmets on ALL roads! They say this is the benefit of the riders who die in accidents....

IMHO I think better driving skills would be a better solution (a driving test that is more vigorous than driving in a figure of eight might help!) , OK, helmets are sensible but I think it should be a personal choice.

oheraldo.in/pagedetails.asp?nid=24595&cid=2

New Delhi, India
Level Contributor
7,635 posts
108 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: scooter & petrol

Activa is good !

8. Re: scooter & petrol

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 13 January 2010, 10:46