We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

London - Mumbai - Bangalore -Goa

Wolverhampton...
Level Contributor
374 posts
12 reviews
Save Topic
London - Mumbai - Bangalore -Goa

Anyone flown this route? Any comments please?

Vagator, India
Destination Expert
for Goa
Level Contributor
4,774 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: London - Mumbai - Bangalore -Goa

Hi

I have flown London-Mumbai-Goa lots of time with no problems.

You clear Immergation and Customs in Mumbai and then transfer to the domestic terminal but I can't think why you would want to go via Banalore to get to Goa because there are loads of flights to Goa from Mumbai and it takes less than an hour.

Kingfisher fly London-Banalore-Goa but the flight to Goa is sometimes on a 66 seat prop plane and they can't always get the luggage on so they send it via Mumbai and it arrives at your hotel the next day

Leigh-on Sea...
Level Contributor
850 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: London - Mumbai - Bangalore -Goa

this happened to us in january when we went via Bangalore, my hubby's and the charity suitcases came off at Dabolim but my one they kept behind, so had nothing else to wear (apart from the clothes i travelled in) until the next day, it arrived at 1 pm. we have booked with Kingfisher for december so have learnt my lesson and will pack a change of clothes in hand luggage in future

London
Destination Expert
for Goa
Level Contributor
4,956 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: London - Mumbai - Bangalore -Goa

I was on the same flight as runtiger and my luggage managed to get to Goa on the same flight as me from Bangalore.

If I were going on my own, then I'd do the Bangalore route because it's easier and you don't have to change terminals, whereas at Bombay the domestic and international terminals have buses running between them. In either case you have to clear customs either at Bangalore or Bombay and then take your cases to the domestic bit. You can check them all the way through from Goa to Heathrow.

IMHO Kingfisher is an excellent airline and I'd be happy to use them again (no, not on commission!).

4. Re: London - Mumbai - Bangalore -Goa

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 24 December 2009, 10:48