We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Monsoon June July 2009

Jammu & Kashmir
Level Contributor
31 posts
Save Topic
Monsoon June July 2009

Hi i have read one long thread earlier where burahy almost wrote about Monsoon day by day forecast from Goa

Would love to know whats going on in Goa these days and whats in the store for this June & July ?

Would like to know how to enjoy Goa in Monsoon ?

Jammu & Kashmir
Level Contributor
31 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Monsoon June July 2009

no answers ?????????????????????? it seems everyone hates Goa in monsoon

england
Level Contributor
4,363 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Monsoon June July 2009

never been to goa in the monsoon so can,t comment burahy as just posted a pic of the floods in panjim,thread is it raining in goa.best to pm burahy on advice regarding the monsoon as most of us go in the dry season

Redditch, United...
Level Contributor
10,864 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Monsoon June July 2009

Hi Prithipal30

Guess the lack of answers is due to the fact that the tourist season for package holidays from the UK runs from Nov-May..

Not many of us have been there in the 'off' season, sorry....

Jammu & Kashmir
Level Contributor
31 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Monsoon June July 2009

hi thanks chelseawolves & badgarlad for your answers yah i wrote a personal message to Burahy some days ago and he answered me back....i thought let me put the question in forum so that everyone can reply.....

yah i know the season months are from november to may......So what u both enjoyed in Goa what are your personal experiences ?

Vagator, India
Destination Expert
for Goa
Level Contributor
4,773 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Monsoon June July 2009

Hi again

Goa is a totally different place from November to April when most of the people on this site visit, to the other six months of the year.

In October people from all over India and Europe turn up to and open bars, restaurants, shops, stalls and shacks on the beach.

In November tourists from all over the world start to arrive in large numbers every day of the week and there are all day markets that finish with a party on the beach, Saturday night markets with live music and BBQ parties at the beach shacks with fireworks most nights.

There are taxi and tour companies competing to take you on day trips to historic sites, waterfalls, spice plantations or a chance to ride on elephant and lots of other things Europeans don't get a chance to do that often

The end of April the tourist flights stop and then just about everybody start to pack up and go home until the next season, even the beggars.

Five years ago Goa would have been virtually deserted for six months but in the last few years some of the hotels have been targeting the Indian tourist market with monsoon special offers just to keep some of the key staff employed and now some of the local restaurants and shops stay open but it is still very early days of the monsoon tourist and they are thinking up things to entertain the new market all the time.

Please let us know how you get on and what it is like because like I say most of us have no idea but I am sure you will find plenty of things to do and will enjoy you stay.

england
Level Contributor
4,363 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Monsoon June July 2009

hi again suggest you start a new thread on what people like abt goa and there experiences leaving this thread open to discuss the monsoon.now for your question i love goa and have been to other parts of india to delhi,agra and jaipur but to me goans are the most friendly people i,ve come across.there is 26 beaches throughout north and south goa some quiet some busier.indian tourists tend to visit calangute beach in north or colva in the south.you can go fishing or dolphin spotting with the local fisher men,there,s markets at anjuna on a weds or a sat nite market with food and live bands at ingoes.you can feed the lovely monkey,s at the waterfalls.watch the sunset while drinking a chilled beer at a beach shack.

Jammu & Kashmir
Level Contributor
31 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Monsoon June July 2009

really liked the answers given by all and appreciate it..thanks

Mumbai, India
Level Contributor
46 posts
1 review
Save Reply
8. Re: Monsoon June July 2009

Hi Prithipal

I looooooooooooooove Goa in the monsoon. Haha thats a different take on the "off season" isnt it ??

Will send you pictures of how beautiful it is at this time of year and the nature lover activities now.

Dont hesitate to go to Goa if you like the outdoors.

Jammu & Kashmir
Level Contributor
31 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Monsoon June July 2009

yah i will surely go in monsoon JOIE ....lets see what happens

Mumbai
Level Contributor
2,095 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Monsoon June July 2009

I have been to Goa twice during the monsoons, but not as a typical tourist.

It is a great place to 'chill out' in the rains. But you have to love the rain and be ready for a much slower pace, verandahs getting wet, etc in order to enjoy it.

Although occupied during the day, I was still able to walk on the beach in the rain, watch the rain, soak in the peace. Getting wet when everything around looked clean and green was half the fun.

Goa has a different feel during the rains. It is more empty, feels cleaner. The pounding of the waves, the rain pouring down, the wind, coconut palms swaying, the occasional thunder and lightning all combine to give you a therapeutic experience. at least, that was my experience.

The best places to enjoy rain are Goa and Kerala

I guess you will also get discounts at the more expensive places allowing you to enjoy a greater amount of luxury than during the high season.

I think that if you google, you come up with plenty of things to do in the rain in Goa.