We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Transfers from and to airport

UK
Level Contributor
8 posts
2 reviews
Transfers from and to airport

Silly question time....

Its a long time since I have been to Goa, if I try and book flights and hotels separately, ie don't do the package thing, is it easy to get a taxi at the airport to your hotel??

If so how much will it cost??

Hoping to go to Calangute in December.

Cheers!!!!!

Barry, United...
Level Contributor
2,029 posts
122 reviews
1. Re: Transfers from and to airport

Hi Dicky-- a taxi from outside the airport is so easy, nearly everyone who has been before knows it only takes a max of 1 hour by taxi to calangute not the 2/3 hours the coach takes so they go by taxis. Have never ever seen anyone having to wait. Why not spoil yourself we got an ambassador from outside and that only cost 50/- more than the normal 500 - 600/- (£6-£7) enjoy

Level Contributor
1,150 posts
2. Re: Transfers from and to airport

Hi

Please help I have booked transfers the only reason being changing currency to pay for taxi. Is there away round it as I know it is so much cheaper and quicker to go by taxi even though staying in the South.

Barry, United...
Level Contributor
2,029 posts
122 reviews
3. Re: Transfers from and to airport

there is a money exchange at the airport just change £10/£15 into rupees as the rates are not good but this will be enough for the taxi fare. cheers

Level Contributor
1,150 posts
4. Re: Transfers from and to airport

Is it okay to change notes.

UK
Level Contributor
8 posts
2 reviews
5. Re: Transfers from and to airport

Thanx for the advice, I will do as advised. I do remember that when checking my Rupees in the airport the last time I went, the cashier suddenly gave me some more.

Obviously, he had forgotten to give me the correct amount, the 1st time.....

I remember the coach journey went on forever when I went before, so I like the idea of it only taking an hour. I take the point tho that the rates for exchange in the airport are probably rubbish, even if you get the correct amount, so will change most of my stuff in Calangute.

Cheers

Dicky.

Beds
Level Contributor
67 posts
6. Re: Transfers from and to airport

You won't have a problem picking a taxi up outside the airport, but if you want to book one in advance, I have the number and e-mail address of of a very reliable taxi driver. let me know if you would like it. The charge is 600 rupees.

We are also out there in Dec.

Have a fab holiday.