We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

visa for uk

morecambe
Level Contributor
236 posts
Save Topic
visa for uk

Hi everyone

can anyone tell me if they have tried to get an indian friend to the uk for a holiday and how. thanks .

Ourem 88
₹₹ - ₹₹₹, European, British
Spice Traders
₹₹₹₹, Chinese, Japanese, Seafood
Sea Breeze
₹₹ - ₹₹₹, Indian, Seafood, Asian
London, United...
Destination Expert
for Cavelossim
Level Contributor
4,031 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: visa for uk

Hello,

This is not really the appropriate forum. You will need to contact somebody who can give your friend direct advice upon seeking temporary entry into the UK - suggest he/she gets in touch with the British Embassy in Delhi or one of the Consular Offices elsewhere in India. as they will have the up to date information and application procedures available.

Mentioned in this post
morecambe
Level Contributor
236 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: visa for uk

hi londonraffles1

he has done that we have also been his sponsor all that is ok, but he now needs to prove hes going to return, thats the hard bit.

morecambe
Level Contributor
236 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: visa for uk

And i know this might not be the right forum but i have spoke to a lot of you before and i feel comfortable with that.

London
Destination Expert
for Goa
Level Contributor
4,930 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: visa for uk

I don't know how times have changed, but about 12 yeas ago we tried to get a visa for a friend of ours to come here on holiday, but even with us offering to put up a bond in case he absconded wouldn't melt their hearts and he was refused. Twice. He's a taxi driver and at the time wasn't married and had no dependents. The British Embassy couldn't see why he'd want to return to Goa.

Mentioned in this post
Goa
Goa
India
UK
Destination Expert
for Varkala
Level Contributor
10,235 posts
122 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: visa for uk

Maybe some of our Indian friends who know the ropes may give some advice.

Good luck.

morecambe
Level Contributor
236 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: visa for uk

Well i hope someone knows what to do coz it would be realy nice we will pay for him accommodate him he would nt want for anything,its just a matter of getting here.

London, United...
Destination Expert
for Cavelossim
Level Contributor
4,031 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: visa for uk

Note to anyone posting on this thread - DO NOT GIVE ANY ADVICE THAT MAY BE CONSTRUED AS IMMIGRATION ADVICE. It's a criminal offence unless you are registered with OISC or a practising member of the legal profession.

Definition of immigration advice may also include advice on visitors' visas.

Anyone needing advice should not be seeking it through this forum - it really is quite inappropriate. If you need advice, seek it out professionally.

morecambe
Level Contributor
236 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: visa for uk

sorry to of ruffled your feathers

morecambe
Level Contributor
236 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: visa for uk

There is people on this forum that give good advice

that is why i asked on it, I thought others may have tried for their friends thats all.

Goa
Destination Expert
for Calangute, Siolim
Level Contributor
4,084 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: visa for uk

Hi

Friends daughters came to visit last year.

They needed a letter of invitation including relationship to persons invited or how you know them

Proof that you are who you say i;e copy of relevant page of passport

Proof that you had money in the bank enough to keep them so bank statement required.

Proof that you live where you say you do ie Copy of relevant page of house deeds or copy of rent book maybe and copy of Council Tax bill and copy of utility bill.

Not sure if ALL of the above are necessary but that is what we furnished and there was no problems at all for either of the girls.BUT their background is a little more affluent than many and they do have their own businesses.

The main concern by the Uk authorities is that the persons concerned are obviously just coming for a hol and not to work thats why they really get the third degree including finger prints etc.

They also need to produce certain docs.

Bank account

Proof of accomodation

Proof of employment

Plus a few more bits but not sure what.Best if they go through an agency.