We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Flying out in October for 2 weeks

Lancashire
Level Contributor
63 posts
Flying out in October for 2 weeks

It would appear that the holiday season for Goa doesn't start until November! Due to very strict holiday allowances at work I can only have the last week in October and the first week in November (any dates between 24/10 - 10/11).

Are there still charter flights available to Goa at this time or would I need to fly to Mumbai and get an internal flight to Goa?

Also, does anyone have any links to cheap accomodation in Goa (North or South, not particularly bothered as I will be staying with my parents for the second week of my holiday - their house is in South Goa)?

Any advice/suggestions would be very much appreciated.

p.s. The best I've come up with so far is £286 return charter flight to Mumbai + £42 internal flight to Goa. That's flying out on 26th, returning 9th November.

Liverpool, Engalnd
Level Contributor
272 posts
3 reviews
1. Re: Flying out in October for 2 weeks

We are also going around this time, and I have found that the first chartered flights from Manchester don't start until 2nd November.

I have booked with http://www.yatra.com/ Manchester to Mumbai via Heathrow - Goa

return via Bangalore because of the connecting times

£475 each paid approx £400 for 2 weeks accommodation in Baga.

This accomodation was one of my options

reservations@hotelriversidegoa.com was qouted

INR 25,200/- (1800X14)days

London
Destination Expert
for Goa
Level Contributor
4,967 posts
37 reviews
2. Re: Flying out in October for 2 weeks

That sounds like a pretty good price to me. Who flies charters to Mumbai?

You could try Kingfisher or Jet if you don't mind scheduled airlines (I prefer them), and Southall Travel are generally cheaper than booking direct with the airline.

Redditch, United...
Level Contributor
10,959 posts
41 reviews
3. Re: Flying out in October for 2 weeks

Hi mshaw

I would get accomadation when you arrive.....should be able to get a guest house in the area of your choice for around 1000 rps( give or take a hundred or so)..

UK
Level Contributor
486 posts
24 reviews
4. Re: Flying out in October for 2 weeks

Hi mshaw03

For cheap accommodation try some of these links

http://www.hostelbookers.com/?

hostelworld.com/findabed.php/…

http://www.hostels.com/in.go.html

Liverpool, Engalnd
Level Contributor
272 posts
3 reviews
5. Re: Flying out in October for 2 weeks

http://www.yatra.com/ were about £100 per person than Southall travel

Liverpool, Engalnd
Level Contributor
272 posts
3 reviews
6. Re: Flying out in October for 2 weeks

Sorry meant to say £100 cheaper

Lancashire
Level Contributor
63 posts
7. Re: Flying out in October for 2 weeks

Sorry the price in my original post is a scheduled flight. Booked it yesterday, really happy with the price.

I think I will wait until I'm there to find some accomodation.

I will be flying from Mumbai to Goa using SpiceJet.

Thanks for the replies.

england
Level Contributor
9,752 posts
29 reviews
8. Re: Flying out in October for 2 weeks

go in november/ if you can stand the crampness charters// most seam to go right throu//now/ you get flt// about/ 300 ponds// hotel with it if you want//about// 350/ ponds// manchester// try tex tv//online// travelsupper/market// or// sky deals///are good//there is a lotr going off// dec/jan feb/ this year shacks are not up yet\\ could be big prob// maybe last sec/ bombay probs// boms/ shootings// are afet/ this sea/ start time/ barry/ gail/ manchester uk//

england
Level Contributor
9,752 posts
29 reviews
9. Re: Flying out in October for 2 weeks

hi/ its skyscaner// and/ pound// not/ pond// skyscaner on the net//is very good/ for flts// goa// or eny where you/ want// barry//gail/manchester/uk/

england
Level Contributor
9,752 posts
29 reviews
10. Re: Flying out in October for 2 weeks

hi/ charters dont fly to/ bombay from the u/k //nor do eny uro ones ithink/// but you wont do eny better on the price// charters/ start/ nov/ to middish april// try gabrials guest house/ just on the out .side of calangute/ 10 minn/ from/ beach/ 5/ minn richshaw down town// its on the net/ just type it in and click// been going a long time// about 20 pound/ hight se/ 10 midd// thats the room price/ not per person// barry/ gail/ manchester/uk