We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Calangute or Candolim?

Saint Louis...
Level Contributor
7 posts
8 reviews
Save Topic
Calangute or Candolim?

I am going to Goa next week for a few days. I can't decide between Santana or Santiago. Both look like they have other activities for when the rains come, and the beach isn't an option. Any suggestions? Cheers!

Mentioned in this post
Goa
Goa
India
Santana Beach Resort
Santana Beach Resort
1,851 Reviews
Candolim, India
OYO 10169 Santiago Beach Resort
OYO 10169 Santiago Beach...
439 Reviews
Calangute, India
england
Level Contributor
187 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Calangute or Candolim?

hi stl999 i have never been out of season but i have been to calangute and candolin

once to calangute and 3 times to candolin, it is every persons preference of what you like but calangute is a very busy place and a little on the dirty side (don,t want to upset anybody) but candolin is a lot cleaner and well layed out, there are still plenty of shops and restaurants (but they might not be open out of season)

if i were you then go to candolin and see what it is like because calangute is only a very short taxi ride or a nice stroll

then you will get a better understanding of what is there, hope this is helpfull and please enjoy !!!!!!

London, United...
Destination Expert
for Goa
Level Contributor
5,848 posts
113 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Calangute or Candolim?

I dont know the Santana but the Santiago is not in the heart of Calangute its quite a way down the road to Baga, off the main road down a track (taxis can get down the track but not coaches) and its very quiet there. Baga itself is very busy during the season but not at this time I wouldnt have thought. Again I cant compare the two hotels as I dont know the Santana but the Santigo is very nice, the staff are particularly friendly and helpful there, it has a small but pleasant pool area.

Mentioned in this post
Santana Beach Resort
Santana Beach Resort
1,851 Reviews
Candolim, India
OYO 10169 Santiago Beach Resort
OYO 10169 Santiago Beach...
439 Reviews
Calangute, India
Calangute
Calangute
North Goa District, India
Baga
Baga
North Goa District, India
3. Re: Calangute or Candolim?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 30 November 2009, 11:48