We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Accommodation

Milton Keynes
Level Contributor
43 posts
120 reviews
Save Topic
Accommodation

We (husband and I)cant seem to get bookings directly with the hotel we have been recommended to stay at in Baga (Ronil Beach Resort), I think that possibly they want people to book through agents. I would rather not pay an agent and was thinking of just getting flights and turning up at the hotel. Do you think this is risky or do you think this would be OK and if we did turn up and they were fully booked could we easily find an alternative. We are going to fly on 5/6 November but sadly we only have one week there. What about taking a beach villa for a week, any ideas anyone, any help appreciated.

Mentioned in this post
Baga
Baga
North Goa District, India
Znojmo, Czech...
Level Contributor
3,124 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Accommodation

the dates you are going are the start of the high season,so goa will only be half full at best.there will be loads of room availability.i always arrive at my chosen resort,leave the wife with the cases in a cafe,go and mooch about about for an hour ,checking out a few places,maybe try a little haggle on the room rate .he who dares rodney.

Redditch, United...
Level Contributor
10,742 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Accommodation

Hi MrsOE

There are loads of Guest houses, which as the previous poster has said will be desperate for visiters as it is the start of the season..

Why not email the Ronil and ask about availability & room rates...

You may find it will be cheaper to book as a package...

Jersey UK
Level Contributor
2,615 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Accommodation

Hi

Normally would say yes, but the hotels seemed to have increased their rates a lot this season, so if you are really set on staying in this hotel would search for a package. Once you have stayed and are returning you could then arrange a rate if possible?

Mims

4. Re: Accommodation

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 15 November 2009, 11:07