We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

wi fi

bradford
Level Contributor
52 posts
Save Topic
wi fi

does anyone know if there are any wi fi spots in candolim ?????

england
Level Contributor
4,285 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: wi fi

if i was you i,d just leave the laptop at home and use the many internet booths on offer as lots of them and fairly cheap around 60 rupees for an hour

bradford
Level Contributor
52 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: wi fi

thanks chelseawolves

Manchester, UK
Level Contributor
3,995 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: wi fi

I agree with Chelseawolves. Wifi? They barely have broadband in Goa.

If you really want to take your laptop then you can get a dial up dongle from the shop near the post office in Calangute but it costs around 3,000 rupees and can be unbelievably slow.

I am still working out how to use my mobile as a modem and hopefully it will work next time I am there.

Mentioned in this post
Goa
Goa
India
Calangute
Calangute
North Goa District, India
england
Level Contributor
4,285 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: wi fi

lol katie i,m guessing you have the nokia 5800 same as mine as i have,nt got a clue either

Manchester, UK
Level Contributor
3,995 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: wi fi

Mine's a 6300 bought partly so that I can use the GPRS facility in Goa, but I haven't worked that bit out yet. It may take me another season to work it out. I will keep you posted.

Mentioned in this post
Goa
Goa
India
London, United...
Level Contributor
39 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: wi fi

Hi Guys

If you download the PC Suite software from nokia

http://europe.nokia.com/A4144905

Plug your phone in with the data cable, it should then have an option to "use mobile phone as modem", this will allow you to use the net.

Make sure you check with your phone company about the cost of using data abroad, Im with O2 and they are extortionate!

Calangute, India
Destination Expert
for Goa, Candolim, Calangute
Level Contributor
2,333 posts
109 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: wi fi

hi

there are many internet places in calangute and candolim all really cheap forget taking your lap top been there done that not worth it

8. Re: wi fi

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 14 November 2009, 11:52