We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Just back,well a week ago!!!!!!!

rochester
Level Contributor
508 posts
16 reviews
Save Topic
Just back,well a week ago!!!!!!!

Well finally just got round to writing my jbr,must be jet lag,lol.

Won't go into the flight details as Meerkat has already done that,thanks Meerkat.

Myself,Hubby and my brother and his wife stayed at the Dona Sylvia which was great,we had lovely first floor rooms with a large balcony and queen size bed.

The food was really good,I never have Indian takeaways at home but this was the real macoy,emmmm!

Only fault I would say was the friut and the deserts were never kept chilled,but hey ho.Staff were nice and friendly.

We ate out a few times,River View was really good and so cheap,wow!Also ate at the beach shacks,really good,infact did not have a bad meal all holiday.

My brother had brought out with him a big bag of pens and pencils for the local school.When we went to the school the kids were on holiday but the Father of the church was there and he showed us all around the school and the church,met the headmaster and some teachers,it was all so nice.

Caught the local buses everywhere,so cheap.One day we went to Margao market,all the lovely smells of different herbs and spices.

Also went to Old Goa,think it was about three buses and a tuk tuk,good time tho. Had a look at Colva beach as a work collegue of my brothers lives there,town was nice but did'nt go much on the beach,bit dirty.

I think I spent my first week at the Dona Sylvia asking people if they were Charity,lol,in the end it was my brother who found her,so we had a few chats,lucky thing is still there,lol.Hi Charity!

Well we all had a great time and I would def go back to Goa,hope everyone else enjoyed their holidays as much as us.Just this jet lag thing,I'm falling asleep at 8.30.zzzzzz

Oh yeh and tonight I am having a CHINESE!!!,lol

Chris.

London
Destination Expert
for Goa
Level Contributor
4,822 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Just back,well a week ago!!!!!!!

Glad you had a good time Chris. I find one of the worst things about jetlag is waking up at 4am wanting a bacon sandwich. Why's it always a bacon sandwich?!

United Kingdom
Level Contributor
7,601 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Just back,well a week ago!!!!!!!

So glad you enjoyed your first trip Chris and thanks for sharing :)

The Dona Sylvia is a super hotel IMO! Yeah, lucky Charity, but she is back tomorrow!

Did you do the pole dancing you mentioned before lol?!

And LondonGoa-Girl, yep, it's ALWAYS a bacon sarnie at that time of the morning!

Redditch, United...
Level Contributor
10,135 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Just back,well a week ago!!!!!!!

Nice report Chris

Glad you enjoyed it..

Did you meet up with Charity?

Redditch, United...
Level Contributor
10,135 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Just back,well a week ago!!!!!!!

Maybe i should read ALL the post before replying.....pmsl

Leeds
Destination Expert
for Goa
Level Contributor
11,462 posts
76 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Just back,well a week ago!!!!!!!

Maybe you were having a 'senior moment' badgerlad lol.

Glad you had a great time in Cavelossim Chris :-)

Redditch, United...
Level Contributor
10,135 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Just back,well a week ago!!!!!!!

Its my age Gemma.....sob.....over the hill already.......sob

rochester
Level Contributor
508 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Just back,well a week ago!!!!!!!

God that is so true about the bacon sarnie,lol,and I sure do have the holiday blues,can't seem to get down to doing any cooking or cleaning,been looking already for somewhere to go in September for a week.

No Meerkat I did'nt do my pole dancing this year(no poles)lol.Did some boogie on down at the beach shacks tho and at an Iranian party at the Donna sylvia,well you have to,when in Rome etc.

Just waiting for o/h to get my chinese,drooling!!!!

Chris.

The Stunning...
Destination Expert
for Scottish Highlands
Level Contributor
18,882 posts
300 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Just back,well a week ago!!!!!!!

grinning from ear to ear here.....great report :-))

Stockport, United...
Level Contributor
1,435 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Just back,well a week ago!!!!!!!

Great report Chris, glad you had a great holiday...we used the local buses loads too, a great experience and sooo cheap!..lol

Susie.x

10. Re: Just back,well a week ago!!!!!!!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 10 October 2009, 10:06