We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Sitting together.

United Kingdom
Destination Expert
for Goa
Level Contributor
7,833 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Sitting together.

Hi, I am still debating whether to get the guaranteed seats together for our Thomas Cook flight. We have paid for premium seats and feel it's a flaming cheek to have to pay extra for seats together. With Monarch premium it was included. What does everyone else do - do you pay the extra for your choice of seats or just get to the airport early enough? And if so, do you manage to get a window seat? Cheers!

Darlington, United...
Level Contributor
2,289 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Sitting together.

I debated this quite a lot with my family and we have come the decission that as our TC flight also picks up at Gatwick, it should be only half full when it leaves Manchester. So I will get to the airport in good time and just request seats together, saving myself £40!!

As for premium, you're right, it should be included in the price. What a disgrace having to pay more to guarantee them together.

aldershot u.k
Level Contributor
1,384 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Sitting together.

Have you phoned the airline to find out if your premium seats are together and included in the price. Tell them its your anniversary or that you have a fear of flying or something and see if that helps. they can only say no. They could say yes.

United Kingdom
Destination Expert
for Goa
Level Contributor
7,833 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Sitting together.

Hi Sylvie, yeah I emailed them a while ago and it's not included. I do have a fear of flying anyway so could try that one. Just think it's such a cheek to pay extra on top of the extra, if that makes sense.

West Sussex
Level Contributor
828 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Sitting together.

First Choice rang us offering us seats at the emergancy exit at a small extra cost. These provide extra leg room, so we are happy.

Think that if you are paying a fare bit extra for premium you should automatically get seats together. Am amazed that you don't.

London, United...
Level Contributor
1,600 posts
255 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Sitting together.

Hi Meerkat

Just to let you know I have booked two seats together in premium for the flight and was told over the phone my seats numbers for both outward and inward bound flights, but when I received the final invoice it states; Information "Outbound Premium Cabin. Due to Aircraft Layout You May Be Separated By An Aisle Or Seated in Front of Each Other." The Information on the Returning home just states "Inbound Premium Cabin." So I'm not to happy that we may not even be able to sit next to each other after being assured of our seat numbers! Don't know if this may help you decide.

I too think it's a cheek as we didn't have to pay extra with FC either.

Boo

United Kingdom
Destination Expert
for Goa
Level Contributor
7,833 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: Sitting together.

Thanks everyone for your quick replies. I'm beginning to think it's not worth it then. 40 quid is alot of handbag and shoe shopping money for me! May just get to the airport early as we usually do, smile sweetly and request we sit together as we have paid enough for it anyway. Just don't fancy sitting in Dabolim for a long time if we get there early too. Cheers all!

Derby, United...
Level Contributor
245 posts
59 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Sitting together.

I also paid extra for seats together and was told we may be seperated.Whats all that about?

United Kingdom
Destination Expert
for Goa
Level Contributor
7,833 posts
1 review
Save Reply
8. Re: Sitting together.

Hi fw, it's just the possibility that you may be separated by the aisle, one person say in seat B and the other in seat C on the other side of the aisle instead of window seats together in A and B for example.

Nottinghamshire
Level Contributor
182 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Sitting together.

We payed £750 for three premium seats and i phoned last week to check if we would be together. Was told we might not be. I hate flying and my daughter is 13 so neither of us want to be sat on our own. I think its disgraceful after spending all that money. I refuse to pay anymore so we will just have to be at the airport really early.

nottingham
Level Contributor
147 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Sitting together.

Why oh why do people let the airlines do this? If everybody just ignored their blatant profiteering we would all just turn up and get a seat....it's not like you will be forced onto a different flight or something...just chill out, turn up and get what you are given...9 hours and you will be there.