We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

taking cigerettes in to goa

Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
609 posts
4 reviews
taking cigerettes in to goa

i've noticed a few posts that suggest there are limitations on how much alcohol you can take in to goa, does this apply to cigerettes too, as i was gonna buy 5x 200 packs at mcr airport

kind regards

............3 MORE SLEEPS.........

London
Destination Expert
for Goa
Level Contributor
4,977 posts
37 reviews
1. Re: taking cigerettes in to goa

I'm fairly sure the limit is 200 cigarettes, the same as it is here.

Kent
Level Contributor
43 posts
2. Re: taking cigerettes in to goa

Get them there they are very cheap. However, do be aware there are some fakes about. I usually smoke Bensons or Rothman Royals at home but out there i smoke their own Indian cigarette 'Gold Flake' they are about 8quid for 200.

Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
609 posts
4 reviews
3. Re: taking cigerettes in to goa

i only smoke l and b, and dont want to take the chance of buying fakes in goa, so if i buy a few packs in mcr how strict are the customs on the way in

London
Destination Expert
for Goa
Level Contributor
4,977 posts
37 reviews
4. Re: taking cigerettes in to goa

In my experience, it just depends. Sometimes you'll be OK, sometimes you'll be hauled over the coals and have to fork out quite a bit to get them back. Or someone might just decide they need them more than you do and take them. Can I ask, with that many fags, how long are you going for?!!! You can tell I'm a smug ex-smoker, can't you!!

Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
609 posts
4 reviews
5. Re: taking cigerettes in to goa

lol i'm going for 3 weeks

but i really can't smoke any other brand, thats why i need to really get them here

.........3 MORE SLEEPS........

Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
609 posts
4 reviews
6. Re: taking cigerettes in to goa

goacentral.com/Goatravel/customs_formalities…

just found this

Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
609 posts
4 reviews
7. Re: taking cigerettes in to goa

200 cigs only, so thats not very good news

it equates to 9.5 cigs a day....so that will get me to about 10am

england
Level Contributor
4,364 posts
39 reviews
8. Re: taking cigerettes in to goa

don,t buy from manchester airport as much more expensive and can only take 200 threw and they do search some bags on way in.however sometimes duty free open on the way into goa and charge slightly more around 10 pounds 200,on way out even cheaper around 5.50 for 200 lambert and butler.

Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
609 posts
4 reviews
9. Re: taking cigerettes in to goa

thanks cw

£5.50 on the way out.. thats cheap

can you reccomend anywhere in calangute to get l and b that are definately not fake?

Retford, United...
Level Contributor
1,011 posts
11 reviews
10. Re: taking cigerettes in to goa

hotrock don't know where you staying but if you in candolim go and see neil at the elephant shop he'll sort you out.barbs