We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

trainers

blackpool
Level Contributor
498 posts
7 reviews
Save Topic
trainers

hi, my hubby needs some new trainers for the hols are they cheaper in goa or should he get them in uk.

London
Destination Expert
for Goa
Level Contributor
4,955 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: trainers

They will probably be cheaper in Goa, but not sure about the quality.

nottingham
Level Contributor
147 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: trainers

There are shops in Panjim selling Nike, Adidas and the rest, so the quality is there. As for price, you might be better looking for a bargain before you go as I've heard the Panjim shops are not particularly cheap.

manchester
Level Contributor
5,642 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: trainers

Don't buy any trainers in Goa the quality is poor(they'll probably fall apart before you come home). Best buy them at home, just look for bargains or better still tell your hubby to wear flip flops or sandals besides, its far too hot for trainers anyway.

God's County...
Level Contributor
301 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: trainers

Hello,

Would not advise wearing trainers !!!!

They'll end up RED !

Imagine going to Mars and trudging round in a pair of Reeboks, that's what it's like, the red sand/dust stains everything - and it don't come out !!

Daughters boyfriend livid last year when he ruined a brand new pair of Y3's at £150 a pop !!

Youth of today, you can tell 'em - but you can't kill 'emm !!

Flip flops all the way !!!

leeds4ever

Leeds
Destination Expert
for Goa
Level Contributor
12,044 posts
84 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: trainers

I took my trainers because they're useful for wearing to the waterfalls etc and I also took them for my long treks along the beach (flip flops hurt my toes) but I never pay more than £30 for a pair of trainers anyway - I only wear them for walking the dog at home!

London
Destination Expert
for Goa
Level Contributor
4,955 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: trainers

Actually if you only want them for the holidays, then you're probably fine buying them there. My husband takes a size 10 and a half or 11 and he quite often has trouble finding shoes that fit him in Goa. Likewise I've got wide feet and none of the shoes out there fit me!

London, United...
Destination Expert
for Goa
Level Contributor
5,929 posts
119 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: trainers

I dont think its worth buying trainers in Goa, they are not particularly cheap and to find some you like in the right size could take quite a bit of time searching, its not worth wasting good beach time on! Also definately no new trainers for Goa they will be ruined.

8. Re: trainers

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 15 October 2009, 05:49