We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

First Choice Change of Accommodation

Bishops Castle...
Level Contributor
56 posts
12 reviews
First Choice Change of Accommodation

What a nightmare! We are due to travel to Candolim this coming Saturday and yesterday received a letter from First Choice stating that we would no longer be staying at our chosen accommodation, Silver Sands Holiday Village, Candolim as the contract between the hotel and First Choice had changed and they no longer had the room allocation. We were not consulted in any way but were simply advised that we would be accommodated at the Palmarinha Resort in Calangute, 8 miles away!! Surely a week before we are due to travel they can not just change the contract. It seems that there is more to it, more likely just a cock up on their behalf!

Looking into the Palmarinha Resort, it seems that it is a taxi ride into Calangute, very disappointing when one of the reasons that we chose the Silver Sands was due to its excellent location.

We were finally offered a change to the Highland Beach Resort. Any offerings/comments on this hotel welcome. I've spent hours researching the Silver Sands Holiday Village, now all to no avail!!! :-(

Sarah x

Leeds
Destination Expert
for Goa
Level Contributor
12,097 posts
89 reviews
1. Re: First Choice Change of Accommodation

The tour operators tend to have you over a barrel as there's not much you can do at this late stage. Have you read the booking conditions to see if you're entitled to any compensation - though as you're now staying in the same resort First Choice probably won't consider it a 'major' change. I'm sure you'll be fine at the Highland Beach, it usually gets good reviews and is in a good locsation set slightly back off the main road in Candolim close to plenty of restaurants though it's a bit further away from the beach than the Silver Sands. I'm sure you'll have a brilliant holiday once you're there. Hope you enjoy yourselves.

Leigh-on Sea...
Level Contributor
850 posts
2. Re: First Choice Change of Accommodation

sorry to hear about your holiday being messed up pinkpig, especially so close to going. we are booked at Silver Sands in january and it seems lots of people on this forum are - wonder if they are gonna do this to everyone?

Does this mean First Choice does not have any room allocation now?

Hope you still enjoy your holiday.

runtiger112

Leeds
Destination Expert
for Goa
Level Contributor
12,097 posts
89 reviews
3. Re: First Choice Change of Accommodation

Sarah, it might be worth having a word with the rep whilst you're out there to find out what exactly is happening with the Silver Sands. Probably won't help you but might help others on the forum who are going to the Silver Sands later in the season. Good luck.

Somerset
Level Contributor
107 posts
2 reviews
4. Re: First Choice Change of Accommodation

Sarah

Wot a shame they changed your booking. I think if you have chosen to go to Highland Beach I would say position wise its the better of the two. I've not stayed at the Palmarinha but have travelled past it a few times and its out of Calangute, not even anywhere to stroll to if you wanted to. It would mean getting a taxi every time you wanted to venture out.

I have stayed at the Highland Beach and for position in Candolim its very good, the short road to the hotel is right opposite the road to Silver Sands. You're in the centre of things and only a stroll to the beach.

Hope it goes well

Jenny

Bishops Castle...
Level Contributor
56 posts
12 reviews
5. Re: First Choice Change of Accommodation

Thanks for your replies guys, will try and find out as much info as possible wheilst im there and fill you in upon my return. The letter states that First Choice room allocation has been reduced. All seems a bit fishy to me when its less than a week to go!

Hopefully the Highland Beach will make up for our disappointment!!

Sarah x

Redditch, United...
Level Contributor
11,084 posts
41 reviews
6. Re: First Choice Change of Accommodation

Sarah

Have you tried to email the Silver Sands to see if they have any rooms available?

Leigh-on Sea...
Level Contributor
850 posts
7. Re: First Choice Change of Accommodation

has anyone else with First Choice had this letter regarding their booking to Silver Sands? Is it just the one flight this affects?

I feel so sorry for you pinkpig, just hope you still have a lovely holiday regardless. Did you have to pay any more money for Highland Beach?

n wales
Level Contributor
170 posts
1 review
8. Re: First Choice Change of Accommodation

we've stayed at both silver sands and highland beach and have to say we found highland beach much better, So you shouldn't be disappointed.

Durham, United...
Level Contributor
253 posts
112 reviews
9. Re: First Choice Change of Accommodation

I've just read on another forum that the same has happened to someone else. Apparently when they rang FC customer services they were told this is a result of a reduced allocation of superior rooms to FC customers and they won't be taking any more bookings for this hotel in 2009.

We're booked into a bungalow room and fly on 27th November. I hope we're not affected.

england
Level Contributor
4,364 posts
39 reviews
10. Re: First Choice Change of Accommodation

first choice are still selling silver sands hotel on certain dates