We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

mosquito replent

scotland
4 posts
mosquito replent

could some one tell me the best mossi replent to get please.

Kent
Level Contributor
43 posts
1. Re: mosquito replent

Hi Darren, some people swear buy Odomos which you can buy very cheaply in Goa but it didn't work for me. Neither did Avon skin so soft, or any alternative remedy that you may be told E.g - Garlic capsules, B6, eating Marmite ( although this may work if you smother your self in it as no one will want to come near you let alone a mossie lol) The very best IMO is Boots own Tropical Formula with 50%deet. Didn't get bitten once in 3 weeks I was there last yr.

Other people in our group were using 'Lifesystem' - I think that's the name of it - and similarly didn't get bitten either. My advice is dont skimp on the mossie protection ;-)

Manchester, UK
Level Contributor
4,077 posts
5 reviews
2. Re: mosquito replent

Odomos didn't work for me either. In Goa we found the Good Knight spray worked well but we can't find it any more.

Get the one from Boots that's in the silver packaging.

Kent
Level Contributor
86 posts
3. Re: mosquito replent

Katie the Boots one is what we used too. Its brilliant stuff. They do it in a Spray, lotion or a wipe.

United Kingdom
Destination Expert
for Goa
Level Contributor
7,834 posts
1 review
4. Re: mosquito replent

Odomos was absolute rubbish for me too. Jungle Formula 50% deet worked the best for me.

Sheffield England
Level Contributor
896 posts
94 reviews
5. Re: mosquito replent

Hi,the Mozzies love me ,i use expedition from Blacks camping shop,50% deet,and this works brill for me.

Leigh-on Sea...
Level Contributor
850 posts
6. Re: mosquito replent

we have always used Jungle Formula Tropical strength 50% deet spray and never get bitten with this. I didn't know Boots did one similar - is this the same as Jungle Formula does anyone know, and its probably cheaper too.

Good advice from Ellibee re don't skimp on mozzie stuff.

London
Destination Expert
for Goa
Level Contributor
4,965 posts
37 reviews
7. Re: mosquito replent

I've used the Jungle Formula 50% deet and the Boots own brand one. I think they're much of a muchness, to be honest. It's just the amount of deet you need to look for.

Odomos and Good Knight don't work for me either, which is a shame because they smell considerably better than the Jungle Formula!

Sheffield
Level Contributor
87 posts
8. Re: mosquito replent

Boots own brand again for me works!!!!!! and the Mozzies love me - however also found that No Bite works as well which you can buy in Goa

Derby, England
Level Contributor
372 posts
19 reviews
9. Re: mosquito replent

Yeah Boots one worked for me and is cheaper than jungle formular but is esentually the same thing. Basicaly you need a spray that contains deet as that is the only thing that is proven to work

Manchester, UK
Level Contributor
4,077 posts
5 reviews
10. Re: mosquito replent

Yes, the Boots one in the silver bottle has 50% deet. Stock up when they have their 3 for 2 offers on. :-)

We usually burn the coils before we go out as well so that most of the little blighters are gone by the time we get back. They are also handy to have if you are having a drink on the balcony of an evening.