We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hotels in South Goa

London, United...
Level Contributor
25 posts
428 reviews
Hotels in South Goa

I am looking for recommendations for a hotel in south Goa in early December. I have been to Goa off and on since the 70s so I do know my way around. I'm looking for a hotel with a good swimming pool suitable for a non-swimmer (therefore it needs to have a substantial 'shallow' end. I also want one that serves Goan food (as well as good regional Indian cooking) not slops for British tourists. I would also prefer it be near other restaurants but not necessarily. I have stayed in Poovar in Kerala in the past where the food has been brilliant and the clientele included a lot of NRIs from the UK and USA. I will be there in early December

The Stunning...
Destination Expert
for Scottish Highlands, Crete
Level Contributor
27,085 posts
400 reviews
1. Re: Hotels in South Goa

Have a look at The Holiday Inn Mobor/Cavelossim

northeast
11 posts
2. Re: Hotels in South Goa

try jewel and the crown

there ok

London, United...
Level Contributor
25 posts
428 reviews
3. Re: Hotels in South Goa

I'm not interested in packages. This is the beginning of a long trip.

Falmouth, United...
Level Contributor
104 posts
56 reviews
4. Re: Hotels in South Goa

Try Club Mahindra in Varca

3 great pools...lovely grounds....used by alot of indians

Very very good shacks and restaurants near by,but is v quiet and peaceful

I loved it

UK
Level Contributor
364 posts
53 reviews
5. Re: Hotels in South Goa

Club Mahindra is a timeshare resort and but is also a package hotel for UK and Russia.

When we visited last year Russian seemed to be the dominant language.

Based on Tripadvisor ratings for food and accommodation we are we are giving Baywatch Resort, Sernabatim Beach, a try this year.

You can book direct with the hotel but we booked a week with our local First Choice Travel Agent and got a half board deal cheaper than B & B direct with the hotel.

The Stunning...
Destination Expert
for Scottish Highlands, Crete
Level Contributor
27,085 posts
400 reviews
6. Re: Hotels in South Goa

The Holiday Inn is also cheaper through a travel agent rather than direct....another option worth looking at would be Luisa By The Sea which is a complex of villa's bungalows etc. with great restaurants nearby. It's in a lovely setting with a couple of swimming pools.

7. Re: Hotels in South Goa

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 08 October 2009, 00:50