We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Madgaon to calangute

Mumbai, India
Level Contributor
97 posts
11 reviews
Madgaon to calangute

hi guys

Am planning a trip to Goa this weekend. We will arrive at Madgaon railway station early in the morning and will be heading to calangute from there.

What is the best option to go to calangute - bus/taxi or any other mode or transport. Any idea on the cost.

Would be greatful for any advice.

Thanks

shibu

Gurugram (Gurgaon...
Level Contributor
347 posts
52 reviews
1. Re: Madgaon to calangute

You have to take a taxi from Madgaon to Calangute. It will cost you app rs. 1000 to 1200 from Madgaon.

Goa, India
Level Contributor
698 posts
2. Re: Madgaon to calangute

Hi, a taxi should cost between 600 and 800 Rs/- surely no more... A much cheaper option would be to get a bus from Madagon (Margao) to Panjim which would only cost 20/30 Rs.

If your train is coming down from Bombay then you could get off two stops before Madagon in Thivim, which would save you 30 mins on the train and an hours drive. Thivim is only 30/40 mins away from Calangute.

Thanks

Rob

Mumbai, India
Level Contributor
97 posts
11 reviews
3. Re: Madgaon to calangute

hi guys thanks for the advice. My train directly halted at Madgaon, so couldn't get down at thivim or karmali.

This is what I did (i may hav paid more as i didn't bargain)

From Madgaon Railway station to Madgaon bus stand: Auto Rickshaw - Rs 60 - 15 mins

From Madgaon bus stand to Panjim bus stand - Shuttle bus service with no halts in between - Rs 19 - 45 mins

From Panjim bus stand to Calangute - Taxi - Rs 250 - 30 mins

cheers

shibu

4. Re: Madgaon to calangute

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 03 October 2009, 21:50