We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

telephone

blackpool
Level Contributor
27 posts
Save Topic
telephone

Hi there.

Does anyone know if it is easy to phone England from Goa?

Thanks

Rita

Mentioned in this post
Goa
Goa
India
Private Full-Day All-Inclusive Tour...
10 Reviews
from US$ 60.00*
Temples of Goa, led by Archaeologist
from US$ 150.00*
Free Cancellation
chippenham, wilts
Level Contributor
797 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: telephone

Hello Rita,

you will see STD boxes scattered about(phone booths) this is the cheapest way to phone home,you use the phone and pay them afterwards and it is pennies.

steve

London
Destination Expert
for Goa
Level Contributor
4,934 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: telephone

Your mobile will probably work as well, but it costs a fortune!

lancashire
Level Contributor
290 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: telephone

you can phone home from allmost anywhere in goa just rememberto dial 0044 then drop the 0 from your area code

she

blackpool
Level Contributor
27 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: telephone

Thank you so much for your replies. I really don't know what I'do without tripadvisor, Everyone is so helpful.

Rita

england
Level Contributor
4,285 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: telephone

yes it,s very cheap to call england from goa if you go to phone booth,s.hotels charge around 10 rupees a min which is around 12p which is cheap anyhow,if making lots of calls go to phone booth in calangute centre the cheapest one i went to was 4 rupees to a landline and 10 rupees to a mobile.

6. Re: telephone

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 14 September 2009, 14:47