We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Visas - maybe better news

London
Destination Expert
for Goa
Level Contributor
4,947 posts
37 reviews
Save Topic
Visas - maybe better news

There was a short article in the Telegraph travel section on Saturday suggesting that India is changing towards issuing five year visas for tourists. I've managed to recycle the article, so can't quite remember what it said, but it was along the lines of terrible time for tourists at the moment, but because India is hosting the Commonwealth Games (I think, but please don't quote me) in 2010, it wants to be seen to be a bit more welcoming than it currently is. If anyone's still got a copy of the Telegraph travel section from Saturday, perhaps they could check for me. Sorry I didn't post this before the big green lorry came and took all my paper away.

Kolkata, India
Destination Expert
for Kolkata, Darjeeling, India
Level Contributor
8,727 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Visas - maybe better news

www.telegraph.co.uk/travel/main.jhtml…

London
Destination Expert
for Goa
Level Contributor
4,947 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Visas - maybe better news

Doh - why didn't I think of checking online! Thanks for that.

Kolkata, India
Destination Expert
for Kolkata, Darjeeling, India
Level Contributor
8,727 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Visas - maybe better news

:-))

Leeds
Destination Expert
for Goa
Level Contributor
11,991 posts
84 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Visas - maybe better news

That would be brilliant news if it happens!

5. Re: Visas - maybe better news

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 14 September 2009, 14:52