We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Bogmallo Beach Resort

Southport
3 posts
Save Topic
Bogmallo Beach Resort

Hi, am off to Bogmallo Beach Resort on 26th for a well earned break- no kiddies just me and hubby..yeah... amd a bit worried as initially chose the Phoenix Park Hotel but due to building work requested move and this hotel plus the reviews looked good, now I am worried that we are miles away from anywhere?? can anyone help and assure me that there are things going on around Bogmallo.

Cheers

Dagenham, ESSEX
Level Contributor
1,165 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Bogmallo Beach Resort

Hi

There are a few restaraunts around the hotel but your'e not really far from anywhere bu taxi.

When we went our tickets said with balcony or terrace. They put us on the first floor the rooms had no balconies or access to the terrace, we complained and they put us on the top floor. Loveley views and a balcony. Utorda beach is quite close by cab and reasonably quiet. Bogmallo Beach is popular with the locals and can get quite busy weekends and public holidays. If your'e on the Trip Advisor UK site (you should have a green border either side) if not click on the Union Flag at the bottom of the page. When you've done this you will see on the left panel"Traveller Videos" click this and you can see my Bogmallo vid.

We enjoyed our stay here.

BC

Southport
3 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Bogmallo Beach Resort

Thanks BC , have just watched your video on Bogmallo and am now very excited at the prospect of azing on that beach in a wek...hoorah...Also noticed your vids on Kerala...thats my next holiday for sure !

Cheers

Wigan, United...
Level Contributor
357 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Bogmallo Beach Resort

Yes Bogmalo is a small village but perfect for lazing on the beach and there are several very good shacks/ restaurants on the beach front - such as Johns Seagull and Joets further along. Joets is the best for a lively night on Fridays and it's sister hotel, Coconut Creek situated about 400 yards behind through the coconut palms has some smaller scale entertainments such as quiz night / BBQ / Indian nights and welcomes visitors (you have to go and stroll through, it's idyllic and run by a Scottish girl and her Goan husband).

Other plus points are it's only 10 minutes from the airport (not too much noise so don't worry)and it's well placed for visiting both north and south Goa (and inland attractions).

Another 9 weeks for me so I'm really jealous as the cold starts to bite here!

Enjoy and have a Kingfisher or two for me!

london uk
Level Contributor
212 posts
87 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Bogmallo Beach Resort

hi

we ended up spending a day at the bogmallo beach resort after our flight was delayed 12hrs coming home last april. we always stayed in candolim/calangute on prev goan trips, i hate to say it but i wasnt impressed, i thought bogmallo beach was small & scruffy & not very attractive. the hotel on the other hand had great views & compared to the usual 2/3 * we have stayed in it was much 'posher'.

there isnt many shacks right next to the hotel either but i suppose you can travel to nicer beaches & lets face it baga beach with its wall to wall sunbeds is not my idea of a nice beach either.

anyway no matter what im sure you'll have a great time & if you do decide once there its not what youre after im sure you would be able to be moved somewhere else.

5. Re: Bogmallo Beach Resort

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 14 September 2009, 14:47