We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

VISAS got them in queues at 4.30

lancashire
Level Contributor
290 posts
15 reviews
Save Topic
VISAS got them in queues at 4.30

we left burnley 2.30 picked a friend up in widnes and went to BIRMINGHAM got there 4.20 am and there was 6 people in the queue it was minus 5

one daft couple to remain nameless got there 9pm sun night.

other arrived 2am onwards,

by the time they opened the doors and let us in the foyer bit they re were about 300 people outside by the time wed gone upstairs got the numbers we were the 5th ticket i would say they re was about 4oo people all-together, even when all the tickets had been given out people were still coming in

went back 2pm to join the queue we were about 20th got upstairs only to find some cheeky sods had stayed in the building hoping to jump the queues , it didn't work they got sent back

so be warned get there early then at least you get your passport with visa intact same day.

WHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOPPPPPPIIIIIIIIII

NOW TO START PACKING

4O DAYS TO GOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

SHE

UK
Level Contributor
183 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: VISAS got them in queues at 4.30

Congrats she! 46 days to go here - sent visa applications off to London on 5th November. Can't wait to get them back, then it will really seem as if we are going.

lancashire
Level Contributor
290 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: VISAS got them in queues at 4.30

hi sweets

on a sour note,

daz and his mrs fracine ( i think ) who were in the front from 9pm sunday had sent there passports off to london only to get them sent back without visas . so they travelled down from huddersfield to get them they did , so i would check the staus of yours in a few days time

she

St Helens...
14 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: VISAS got them in queues at 4.30

to sweets...... london have stopped postal applications, so expect them back as return to sender!!!! good note tho birmingham have started postal apps again. good luck

Heckmondwike, West...
Level Contributor
1,342 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: VISAS got them in queues at 4.30

Johah10

London reinstated postal visa applications on Monday the 5th November so anyone applying to London should get them back within 10 working days.

DebyC

Dagenham, ESSEX
Level Contributor
1,165 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: VISAS got them in queues at 4.30

Leave home 2.30. -5 degs. Queue and then get visas back at 2p.m. well done.

Or :

Drop visas in your local agent. Wait in the warm. Pick visas up following week. No hassle. No loss of earnings, Cost £10 each.

Hmmm I need to think about this.

No offence, if you've got the time and like the hassle then queue away. I prefer to save my days off for doing enjoyable things. That said Well done you have a lot more patience and tolerance than I will ever have.

Let me know when you go next year and I'll send you mine Lol

Jeff

lancashire
Level Contributor
290 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: VISAS got them in queues at 4.30

trouble is jef

there were people in the queue who had sent visa of to travel agents and then had them sent back to them saying get your own(not in them terms) but might well av been

our friend moira took her passports to bolton they had them three weeks she had to go to bolton on sat get the passports and then go to birmingham with us monday to get her visa

so in answer to you where and what do you spend your day off well me id rather go and get my visa then i know im going rather than sit and wait till the last min

she

London, United...
Destination Expert
for Goa
Level Contributor
5,496 posts
93 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: VISAS got them in queues at 4.30

Sent off for our visas on 2nd November so they would arrive ready for the service to resume on 5th and got them back yesterday!! Wooohoo!! on a countdown now, just got to get Christmas over with, going on 6th Jan and just cant wait!!

8. Re: VISAS got them in queues at 4.30

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 14 September 2009, 05:49