We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

flea market

bangalore,india
Level Contributor
231 posts
20 reviews
Save Topic
flea market

I'm going to be there next weekend & was wondering if its open as yet? The saturday night one I mean ....... Thanks

Goa
Destination Expert
for Calangute, Siolim
Level Contributor
4,084 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: flea market

Hi,

Don't think so still still too much rain and too muddy.Havent heard anyone talk about going

Derby, England
Level Contributor
372 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: flea market

Yeah I went at the end of october and the saturday night one wasn't open, the flea market in Anjuna was though

Mentioned in this post
Anjuna
Anjuna
Bardez, India
bangalore,india
Level Contributor
231 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: flea market

Thanks for the replies- Bruahy- just wondering - is it still raining? I hope not...

4. Re: flea market

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum posting guidelines with prohibiting self-promotional advertising or solicitation.

We ask all of our members to keep their forum messages free of self-promoting advertisements or solicitation of any kind - members affiliated with any tourism-related business should not include commercial contact information or URLs in their forum messages.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 04 October 2007, 21:26
London
Destination Expert
for Goa
Level Contributor
4,932 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: flea market

Raining at night, according to a friend of mine, although he emailed me a couple of days ago to say that the Indian Met office had officially declared the monsoon over!

Bangalore
5 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: flea market

Oh damn! Well, if the Indian MET has declared that it's over, then it definitely must be raining. haha.

UK
Level Contributor
183 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: flea market

Read somewhere about mud slips last weekend due to the heavy rain. Plus the main water pipeline to the south bursting and taps running dry!

Can't work out how, with 6 months of heavy rains, there is a water shortage?

bangalore,india
Level Contributor
231 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: flea market

sweetthursday - that's exactly what is so frustrating for those of us who live here - torrential rains, floods even, but no water in the taps (!!?) grrrr...

There have been some steps taken for rain-water harvesting - but really dont know how well its being implemented.....

Goa
Destination Expert
for Calangute, Siolim
Level Contributor
4,084 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: flea market

Hi,

Goa 5th Oct time 1445 IST. Fine at the moment but overcast Rained yesterday.Temp around 28 degres and a little humid so wouldn't be suprised if it rained later today or tonight.Thought that the rains had gone but not quite yet it seems

Got plenty of water at Naika Vaddo ,its everywhere even in the wells and taps.Thats why the Bangalore ites come here.Bring us some of your power Kaytp ours is always being cut off.

Mentioned in this post
Goa
Goa
India
Bangalore District
Bangalore District
Karnataka, India
Goa
Destination Expert
for Calangute, Siolim
Level Contributor
4,084 posts