We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

beach towels

hampshire
Level Contributor
448 posts
1 review
beach towels

we are going to goa in jan 2008 staying at dona sylvia its our first time to this hotel ,can any one tell me if i need to take my own beach towels or do they have them there many thanks kaz

London
Level Contributor
490 posts
40 reviews
11. Re: beach towels

First time to Goa in December and am getting VERY worried at talk of "reserving " sunbeds with towels....please tell me I won't have to get up at the crack of dawn every day. And the Brits always blamed the Germans!!!!!!!!

Bath, United Kingdom
Level Contributor
1,885 posts
131 reviews
12. Re: beach towels

lol!

Bath, United Kingdom
Level Contributor
1,885 posts
131 reviews
13. Re: beach towels

I used to wake up early, get up, go to the pool around 7am, sit there under a tree, reading a book, peace and quiet, watching the staff slowing sweeping up, the sun rising. Great. Then up came a guy with 5 towels and said "we like to sit there and there are 5 of us"! I just said hmmmmm (or some such comment) and carried on reading, he then bagged 5 sunbeds nearby and went off not to be seen for a couple of hours or so. What people wanted was the shade. If you go down to beach loads of free sunbeds with brollies and usually a nice breeze, by the shacks - so long as you buy your drinks and/or lunch from them - also no problem getting a sunbed in the sun by the pool. I must say not everybody behaved like that guy it was generally people who came in groups who wanted to sit together like 20 people in one group who hogged the beds! But dont forget they are hogging them using the pool towels the hotel provide, so who knows who has put them there? Not like Sri Lanka where the Germans got up at 5am to put their towels on the beds!

Leeds
Destination Expert
for Goa
Level Contributor
12,097 posts
89 reviews
14. Re: beach towels

There was a slight problem with people "reserving" sunbeds with towels at the Holiday Inn though we always managed to get one, even when we went to the pool in the afternoon - though we sometimes had to move them around a bit to get two together by the pool (there are lots of beds in the gardens too). Sometimes we'd be there for hours surrounded by beds with towels but no people! I'm not talking about people just popping off for lunch for an hour or so, some people go off on trips or down to the beach for the day and leave their towels there for when they come back - it's very inconsiderate. Luckily in Goa they have wonderful beaches with plenty of free sunbeds but it can be frustrating if you want to swim in the pool.

chippenham, wilts
Level Contributor
797 posts
2 reviews
15. Re: beach towels

who wants to spend their holiday in a hotel when you are in a beautiful country like goa??

go down to the beach and find a beach shack that you like, they will make you more than welcome, last year there were 8 of us and they used to reserve our sunbeds for us.

steve

stafford staffs
Level Contributor
146 posts
6 reviews
16. Re: beach towels

there was 6 of us and we managed to get beds at the DS when we wanted them ,but preferred our shack as per previous poster.

Bath, United Kingdom
Level Contributor
1,885 posts
131 reviews
17. Re: beach towels

Yes, we much preferred the shacks as well. Or going out to visit other beaches and temples and churches and restaurants and boat trips etc etc. We took our hotel towels we got by the pool to the beach with no problem.

18. Re: beach towels

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11 September 2009, 12:49