We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

beach towels

hampshire
Level Contributor
447 posts
1 review
Save Topic
beach towels

we are going to goa in jan 2008 staying at dona sylvia its our first time to this hotel ,can any one tell me if i need to take my own beach towels or do they have them there many thanks kaz

Mentioned in this post
Goa
Goa
India
Bradford, United...
Level Contributor
3,109 posts
74 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: beach towels

They have towels you can use round the pool and we did sneak them down to the beach shhh dont tell them we forgot to bring one back and it got lost....

hampshire
Level Contributor
447 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: beach towels

thanks alishomoonbean can you tell me is it a nice hotel

Bradford, United...
Level Contributor
3,109 posts
74 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: beach towels

we had a nice stay there but hardly ate there as the food although nice it was better and cheap enough to eat out most of the time.

plenty of cups of tea at breakfast and quite a good variety of food.

hubby had eggs most days.

free safety deposit boxes behind reception

the staff always wanted tips but we ignored the persistent ones.

pool was not bad, and really close to the beach.

you can read my review in my profile if you want.

4. Re: beach towels

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post either because the author requested it, or because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum guidelines.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 17 November 2007, 17:20
Bradford, United...
Level Contributor
3,109 posts
74 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: beach towels

Dona Sylvia is a big hotel and caters for people from allover Europe and elsewhere.....

Don't asume that because YOU have not heard of it its not a good one.

We have never heard of you either...........and most of your information is so way off line!

The Stunning...
Destination Expert
for Scottish Highlands, Crete
Level Contributor
25,578 posts
373 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: beach towels

lol :-))

The Dona Sylvia is also one of the first hotels in Cavelossim along with the Averina (now Holiday Inn) The Leela, Gaffino's and the Old Anchor

Mentioned in this post
Cavelossim
Cavelossim
South Goa District, India
The Leela Goa
The Leela Goa
2,480 Reviews
Cavelossim, India
Bradford, United...
Level Contributor
3,109 posts
74 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: beach towels

Well....???!!!!

Hi jock..

Bradford, United...
Level Contributor
466 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: beach towels

Agree with Jock and Ali ~ the Dona Sylvia is one of the most established hotels in Cavelossim and has been popular since the early '90's, with many, many repeat visitors and the grounds are immaculate. I'm sure you'll like it as it's also more or less on the beach and is close to all the good restaurants.

Mentioned in this post
Cavelossim
Cavelossim
South Goa District, India
Bath, United Kingdom
Level Contributor
1,866 posts
121 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: beach towels

We stayed there last year, must have missed the guys who wanted tips, good at ignoring that sort of thing! We always took the pool towels down to the beach, never managed to lose one and wonder how you got away with that Alisha.. you have to sign them in and out? Mind you so many people there put their towels on the beds at about 7am and left them there till about 11am without going near the sunbeds you could have walked off with one of them and given it back. I think you will like it hotel, it was good, food pleasant, like Alisha we ate out as well, we were there 3 weeks and found the best Indian food there was near the end of our stay in late April when Indian people came to the hotel, it was great then. We thought there was a reasonable choice of food.

Bradford, United...
Level Contributor
3,109 posts
74 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: beach towels

we did'nt sigh them out...maybe started that coz some one lost one...lol