We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Blue Beach Resort, Baga - heard of??

Pontypridd, United...
Level Contributor
92 posts
22 reviews
Save Topic
Blue Beach Resort, Baga - heard of??

I have booked to stay at the blue beach resort in baga - can't find any information on it - has anyone stayed there of seen the place to reasure me?

Many thanks.

Private Full-Day All-Inclusive Tour...
10 Reviews
from US$ 60.00*
Temples of Goa, led by Archaeologist
from US$ 150.00*
Free Cancellation
Stourbridge, United...
Level Contributor
962 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Blue Beach Resort, Baga - heard of??

I think I saw thias in January and this is a fairly new hotel(1-2yrs)on the main Calangute - Arpora road and not in the main Baga area so not so busy.Not stayed there or heard of anyone who has so don't know much about it. If it is the one I think it is it looks OK so far but if not I would check if they have a web site if I were you.

Mentioned in this post
Calangute
Calangute
North Goa District, India
Arpora
Arpora
Stourbridge, United...
Level Contributor
962 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Blue Beach Resort, Baga - heard of??

Just checked and they do have a web site - it is the one I thought it was. Surrounded by paddy fields and a few other buildings so a bit more space ( at the moment)than the main areas.Only a short taxi ride from Baga beach and places to shop/ eat etc. Close to Arpora village for a bit of local colour and the small Ganesh temple, little local jeweller, chemist etc.Popular place to eat in Arpora is AllSpice - be there earlyish for table.

Mentioned in this post
Arpora
Arpora
Pontypridd, United...
Level Contributor
92 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Blue Beach Resort, Baga - heard of??

Roobob, thanks for your reply - you don't know how relieved I am to hear that this resort seems ok - I am a real worrier and have been like a cat on hot bricks since I booked this. I usually do sooo much research and choose one that I know has good reviews, for some freak reason I booked one that has absolutely no reviews on it at all!

If you discover any further information about this please will you lett me know.

Many thanks

West Yorkshire
Level Contributor
12 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Blue Beach Resort, Baga - heard of??

Hi. I am thinking about booking this one. Have you booked a package deal or the hotel separately? I have already booked flights so need to get the hotel separately.

If anyone knows of a direct telephone number, email address or website for this hotel...I would be really grateful if you let me know.

Many thanks

Pontypridd, United...
Level Contributor
92 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Blue Beach Resort, Baga - heard of??

Hi, Yes I booked a package with Thomas Cook - apparently holiday companies have only just added this resort to their brochures so theres no feedback at the moment - up until now all apartments on this resort were privately owned.

I have been e mailing a lovely lady called Anne who ownes an apartment here and has set up a website - take a look www.littlebaga.com. Anne is really helpful and will tell you the right steps to take. By the way The Blue Beach resort was once called Little Baga.

When are you travelling? Let me know how you get on.

Hope this helps.

Mentioned in this post
Baga
Baga
West Yorkshire
Level Contributor
12 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Blue Beach Resort, Baga - heard of??

I have looked at the website and it looks nice. Just worried that it may be a little out of the way.

I normally stay right in the centre of Calangute or Baga so you can walk everywhere and not always rely on taxi's.

I am travelling on 1 December 2007 but will email Anne. I really appreciate your help. Thank you.

Mentioned in this post
Calangute
Calangute
Baga
Baga
Pontypridd, United...
Level Contributor
92 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Blue Beach Resort, Baga - heard of??

No probs, I must admit being able to escape from the hustle and bustle suits me, but it sounds close enough if you want it - not sure if walking distance though.

I am staying for 2 weeks from the 30th December, so if you do stay there would you be kind enough to let me know what to expect and give me any tips.

Have a nice holiday wherever you stay.

West Yorkshire
Level Contributor
12 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Blue Beach Resort, Baga - heard of??

Hey there, thanks, I will let you know how it went. Take care and have a lovely holiday too.

Jersey - Channel...
Level Contributor
30 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Blue Beach Resort, Baga - heard of??

After info as well as looking to book. I've checked their site out and it looks fine but have 2 questions i'm unsure of if anyone can answer them:

1 - In a Thomas Cook brochure it says it is 700M from baga beach. Can anyone confirm this? Is it near the first bridge up the river from the sea (Think this is the one being knocked down/improved earlier in the year) or the second?

2 - Are the double beds joined or do they pull apart into 2 singles (important as don't want to share a bed with a freind

Many thanks

Dave

Pontypridd, United...
Level Contributor
92 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Blue Beach Resort, Baga - heard of??

Hi Dave-jersey, take a look on www.littlebaga.co.uk, you can e-mail a lady called Anne who ownes an apartment there - she will tell you the distane to the beach as we all know that travel companies do tend to get things wrong on times.

As for the bed situation, on the photographs of the rooms they look like they are wrought iron beds that can't be separated, but I know that because they are privately owned, the rooms are therefore furnished differently - maybe Anne could also answer this for you.

All the best.