We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

IRCTC Frustration

8 posts
IRCTC Frustration

Hello all,

I've registered with IRCTC and booked 2 tickets for me and my wife so far (so 4 tickets in all)

The trip from Madgaon (Goa) to Cochin is the last pair of tickets i need for my trip

I've tried over 10 times to book these tickets but it keep coming back as failed payment.

I know there is sufficient funds and ive called the bank to see if there is an issue their end. There isn't.

I've tried using their customer care email (3 times) but keep getting back the same blanket email

'Please note that as such any transaction appearing in the Booked History is only booked and you will be charged for that txn only, other debit, if any, will be refunded automatically to the same account. It will take 6 to 7 working days to credit back into your account.'

And i've tried calling their office in India for help but keep being put on hold for far too long.

Am i missing something here. Is there a trick i need to do to get these last tickets booked.

I don't want us to take a taxi to Cochin from Goa which i'm suspecting will be more than £100.00

Any help would be great :)

Thanks in advance

13 replies to this topic
Manchester, UK
Level Contributor
4,078 posts
5 reviews
1. Re: IRCTC Frustration

There is a limit to how far in advance you can book tickets, I think it might be 3 months ahead. Could this be the reason?

8 posts
2. Re: IRCTC Frustration

I think this may not be the case. Only because i tried to book different class carriages and some of them were sold out. Thanks for your reply Katie

Bhopal, India
Level Contributor
976 posts
3 reviews
3. Re: IRCTC Frustration

What train, class of travel, date of journey you are booking???

There are always issues with IRCTC, either with registration or making payment from overseas.

Kindly write above details, I will look whether is there any issue with the seat availability.

Write for any help, suggestion or questions.

Raj,

Train Ticket Please

Bhopal, India
Level Contributor
976 posts
3 reviews
4. Re: IRCTC Frustration

Or Please go through all posts of below link. I hope you will find a solution:

https://www.tripadvisor.in/ShowTopic-g293860…

Raj,

Train Ticket Please

London, United...
Level Contributor
2,514 posts
83 reviews
5. Re: IRCTC Frustration

With Raj here. Tell the details of the date, train, the class, the number of people travelling, the stations - you lose no privacy in telling us here about these details.

It could be a server problem or a cookie or browser problem as others have rightly suggested, but if it is anything more structural than that, Raj should be able to sort out on the details, so can I and so can many others who are experienced with the interface. But your description of what went wrong is useless for us - we need to look at what you are trying to book.

New Delhi, India
Level Contributor
176 posts
104 reviews
6. Re: IRCTC Frustration

Try booking with yatra.com or paytm.com

Level Contributor
2,308 posts
27 reviews
7. Re: IRCTC Frustration

The distance from Panjim to Cochin is 780 km (approximately) so a four seater taxi would be in excess of £200, (17000 rupees) plus tolls & bridge charges, as the driver would have to charge as a return trip.

Surat, India
Level Contributor
117 posts
93 reviews
8. Re: IRCTC Frustration

The train journey from Madgaon to Cochin/Ernakulam would be 14-16 hours. Are you sure you want to do that?

Two flight tickets would be about INR 9,000, I think.

8 posts
9. Re: IRCTC Frustration

Raj good morning

2 adult tickets, 3ac, 5th November Train I believe is 8.40pm and gets into Cochin 12.15pm

This is for me and my wife so needs to be in same carriage

Many thanks for your help, Raj :)

8 posts
10. Re: IRCTC Frustration

This will be my alternative if Trains can not be booked. The plan is to get an evening train around 8pm so can sleep and rest for most of the journey. :)

Reply to: IRCTC Frustration
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted