We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Money

Newsatle upon tyne
Level Contributor
37 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Money

What is the best way to keep my spending money safe in goa . Thank you

5 replies to this topic
Weston-super-Mare...
Level Contributor
206 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Money

Carry a small amount of UK ster!ing, and just use your debit card at SBI ATM's.

National Capital...
Level Contributor
23 posts
69 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Money

Goa is relatively a safe place unless you yourself go looking for trouble. Do you leave your stuff unattended, and you should be fine. When in crowded places, you can always keep the stash in your hotel room locker while carrying only minimal cash which you would need to spend for the day trip.

Retford, United...
Level Contributor
739 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Money

Your bank may charge you for cash withdrawals, check with them, mine doesn’t, but I also have the Barclaycard travel card. It’s a credit card, you don’t pay any charges at all for cash withdrawals or purchases. As long as you pay the bill in full each month there is no charge. (Just set up a Direct Debit). The exchange rate is good too. We’ve used ours for last 2 yrs on our foreign holidays. Also don’t need to pre load either. It originally said it was an 18 month free cash withdrawal offer, just before the 18 months was up they contacted us and extended it fir another 3 years. So even better.

Just make sure the atm you use doesn’t make a local charge. If it says it does, just move onto another ATM. Lots of ATMs in India are free, Kotak, SBI and many more. One to avoid is HDFC, they do charge.

Birmingham, United...
Level Contributor
56 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Money

Get a Halifax Clarity card (you don't need to bank with Halifax).

No charge to obtain - no foreign transaction charges & a better exchange rate than at an exchange bureau

Redditch, United...
Level Contributor
10,864 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Money

Keep it in the safe and only take out enough for the day

Reply to: Money
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted